• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

6 pack

slid the 440 in, has some major fitment issues, drivers side header is tight against frame , valve cover is 1/4 away from booster.. and rh side fits tight against heater box, i will have to notch drivers side frame oil top by 1/4 inch to clear header. (headmans) and maybe try and remove 1/2 inch from motor mount brackets to allow engine to sit a little lower to get it away from booster and heater box..

IMG_2745.JPG

slid the 440 in, has some major fitment issues, drivers side header is tight against frame , valve cover is 1/4 away from booster.. and rh side fits tight against heater box, i will have to notch drivers side frame oil top by 1/4 inch to clear header. (headmans) and maybe try and remove 1/2 inch from motor mount brackets to allow engine to sit a little lower to get it away from booster and heater box..

View attachment 8188
That doesn't sound right ? I've never had an issue with the heater box with this swap . The drivers side sounds about right . I know it's close to the booster over there . I noticed you do what I do and use a level to make sure the engine is sitting where it should . Is it level ? I'm not surprised , about the header clearance . You think with what these things cost , that they'd make them better . How bad are they ? Can you index the tubes a little , instead of cutting the frame ?

By the way , what engine mounts did you use ?

Schumacher mounts were used.
buochilon kits was used , but i also bought a set of transdapt ones from summit, they are quite a bit different but put the motor in the same spot roughly. i swapped the brackets out today and things fit better with the summit ones, they move the engine forward 3/8 of an inch which makes heater box now clear .. i can also tilt engine over and get some booster clearance . but not sure if i want to do that , i may just oblong the booster holes in firewall and move it up 1/4 inch

Last edited:
My bad, wrong truck!

Here's a pic of a truck with a 440 and Moroso covers. You can see how close it is.

20170108_231313170.jpeg

buoclhilion kits was used , but i also bought a set of transdapt ones from summit, they are quite a bit different but put the motor in the same spot
I just looked up the transdapt one's and they look like the correct one's for a two wheel drive in the picture . Is your engine sitting level or is it cocked over because of the header tubes on the drivers side hitting the frame ?

Quick question 68GTX . Did you get the Headmans from Summit as well ?

no i got the headers from mopac , western canada performance place . kinda like summit but much smaller..

Back