• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobrated_man

www.39-47dodgetrucks.com
Reaction score
Contact seller
Refurbing my 1959 D100 but the rust has me challenged. Figure it might be easier to replace the whole cab rather than attempt to cut and weld all the rust outs, holes etc in the present cab. Need to find a parts truck that has decent cab. I have extra hood and fenders, - I think 59 and 60 pickups are same cab. dlfenner@aol.com on west coast please, I can pick up.

yes , 59- 60 share the same cab , i share the same issues . found a 60 in a bone yard near napa/vallejo area . he right there on the coast inland bay . mine got rust issues also . but i'm modifiing mine so replace or reconfigering is part of the process .

DSC04068.JPG

I wonder if you are talking about Brian's Auto Salvage, in American Canyon, Ca. I know the place. did you see / get the cab? must have been in worse shape than yours? or is it still there?

no its still there . i'm repairing mine . my firewall and dash and floor are modified so . i'll leave the good ones for resto's . my phank n dodge is a hotrod . modification is state of repair , lol .

Wow, MAJOR mods. good idea on the dual master cylinder with booster. V-8, etc Big project you have. keep me posted.
thanks for photos. I'm doing a 1960 W200, like in my photo, that's the project, but the daily driver is the 59 D100, which needs much body work, and I just want to keep stock with the flat head six. The W200 Is one of two that exist, special order for US Navy. But, I'm putting a poly 318 back into it. Had to scrap that cab also as it was totally exposed to salt air in its life. Swiss Cheese. Years ago, I found an abandoned truck out in Sierras on Indian land that provided a new cab. it is primed and ready. did not plan on doing this 59
D100, but body man says cost effective to replace rather than cut and weld. If the price is right. I'll call Brian.

he's closed sundays and mondays you know . don't sure how nice the floor is , no windshield gets the best of them . that one find was luck . but two , lol . i'll say that would be the rares i've heard of . i know a guy in tracy area . he collects 58's w series mostly . i'll see if he's got a 59-60 hanging out for parts , cabs would not inerchange for him .

no its still there . i'm repairing mine . my firewall and dash and floor are modified so . i'll leave the good ones for resto's . my phank n dodge is a hotrod . modification is state of repair , lol .

Wow, give me some notes on the photos. you have IFS up front, what model? and engine, got more details on all what you are doing?

he's closed sundays and mondays you know . don't sure how nice the floor is , no windshield gets the best of them . that one find was luck . but two , lol . i'll say that would be the rares i've heard of . i know a guy in tracy area . he collects 58's w series mostly . i'll see if he's got a 59-60 hanging out for parts , cabs would not inerchange for him .

Thanks so much for helping.

no ifs here , old tube dropped axle with coil overs and four bar and a panhard bar , used a mopar pw steering box and put cross steer on it . put e brakes to the r/e , as the dash shows its an auto , did some rocker covers set back on the firewall as well . did a 1/2 fuel line for the big inch rb wedge .
DSC04033.JPG
DSC03713.JPG
DSC03714.JPG
DSC03657.JPG
DSC03665.JPG
DSC03780.JPG
DSC03755.JPG

it not helping , its just locating for a fellow member . let see what i come up with . oh and when you call brian make it around 9 am , he gets bizzy and rose will answer . shes great . but best to talk to brian .

well if you must call it helping , your welcome . but its not like i'm twisting nuts n bolts . and he already know of the bone yard . i took a pile of pics of that yard . you'd need a full day there to get detailed shots . i found him by buying another 38 dodge p/u from a guy in vallejo . and that info for that 38 was given to me at a swap meet i was selling at . so thanks for all everybodies help passed present n future , lol .

00060008.jpg

00060009.jpg

00060011.jpg

00060012.jpg

DSC08150.JPG

DSC08154.JPG

DSC08156.JPG

I talked with
I talked with Brian today. he said he has a decent cab. not sure if it is 58 or 59; some confusion there, but now, I need to get some pictures to verify what it is and what condition it is in. As you know, he does not do photos or internet. Need someone nearby to check it out, - I can't get there easily, 500 miles. Do you have any closer photos of the red one?

this one ? that other one in the back is a 59 . but brian don't see everything sometimes . i can't say when i'd be gone that way . but i could shot more next trip for you .

DSC08642.JPG

DSC08687.JPG

DSC08689.JPG

OK Thanks Paul. I was wondering about the red one, he wasn't sure about the year, but I see it is a 58. Has the running boards outside the cab, 59/60 had them inside the doors. He told me the red one was in good shape. looks to be, but wrong year.

OK Thanks Paul. I was wondering about the red one, he wasn't sure about the year, but I see it is a 58. Has the running boards outside the cab, 59/60 had them inside the doors. He told me the red one was in good shape. looks to be, but wrong year.
Apparently, the one in the back (as you said, is a 59) has a lot of rust outs, in same places as my cab. probably no go on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back