• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

49 Dodge Pilothouse build

Thanks dodgefred. I'm especially having fun with my dad and blessed to have friends that share my interest and vision.

The c notch is boxed. I'm heading back to Florida. Probably be a couple of more months before I do another update. Thanks for looking. If the group has any input, I welcome it.

IMG_1167.JPG

Sorry its been a while since I updated the build. My Dad finished the rear brake lines and that's about it. Dad had to start chemo again. Slowed him down but hasn't stopped him. I was in NC the end of April but no work on the truck. Dad and I did go to the junk yard and stripped a 1 ton 50 Dodge dump truck. Got all the dash parts (extras) and both doors. Doors are bad but the regulators are good. One thing we didn't do was look under the hood to see what engine was in it. May be a flat 6 as well. I'm still learning about these trucks. One of you probably know. When I go back in June I am going to look the rest of the truck over. Wouldn't mind getting all PTO items from it. You never know what you can use on a hotrod build. Hopefully I can get some things done on it and post some pictures.

Anyone going to the NHRA Hot Rod reunion in Bowling Green Ky.? Dad and I have been going since the first reunion gathering at Beech Bend Park drag strip. Great time and around a 1000 hot rods, muscle cars, rat rods etc. Let me know if you plan on attending and maybe we can get together and share some lies...and I can learn some more about these pilothouse trucks. We will be driving up in 54 Ford coupe and a friend of ours will be following us in a 53 Chevrolet.

Back