• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 b body oil pan , fit in a 84 d150???

these are the 2wd-4wd mounts that showed up today

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

all the mounts seem to fit ok, but the motor dissent fit that well, valve cover is almost touching booster, rh valve cover touches heater box cover plate ( thinking of removing it and heating up late and putting a clearance dent in it..the drivers side header has no room between centre tube and frame rail. i will have to notch upper rail by 1/4 inch for some clearance.. passengers side header has miles of room

IMG_2745.JPG

Last edited:
The valve cover issue is those MP covers, stock covers fit better but don't look as good as those you have, they are nice! Ah, headers. I hope mine fit better by TV I won't know for years. Maybe someone will come out with a real truck header, that works! That should be a real rocket of a truck once you get all the issues worked out.

That looks like a small booster. Is there a kit to offset it like they did for hemi cars? Here pictues of the 82 with 360. I would not have thought a 440 would have set that much higher.

20170108_153651.jpg

20170108_153707.jpg

The valve cover issue is those MP covers, stock covers fit better but don't look as good as those you have, they are nice! Ah, headers. I hope mine fit better by TV I won't know for years. Maybe someone will come out with a real truck header, that works! That should be a real rocket of a truck once you get all the issues worked out.
How much taller can the MoPo valve covers be over the Micky T's I run ? I think with the headers , It come's down to quality control . I bet , If he got another set of the same brand , He'd have different issues .

I don't know what I got for pictures of my engine in my build thread but this is how your engine should be sitting .
IMG_4498.JPG

How much taller can the MoPo valve covers be over the Micky T's I run ? I think with the headers , It come's down to quality control . I bet , If he got another set of the same brand , He'd have different issues .
I'll go.out to the garage and see if I can get to them. If I can I'll take a pic or two.

Roughly 3/4"

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0165.jpg

Sorry the pictures suck, but you get the idea.

It's sounding like to me either the engine is sitting to high or to far back . Or maybe both . You did put the motor mount bracket's on the back of the ears on the engine , correct ?

It's sounding like to me either the engine is sitting to high or to far back . Or maybe both . You did put the motor mount bracket's on the back of the ears on the engine , correct ?
Like this
IMG_3622.JPG

What shape are the cab cushions in? If all else fails maybe a slight body lift? A set of pucks maybe all it takes.

What shape are the cab cushions in? If all else fails maybe a slight body lift? A set of pucks maybe all it takes.
If the cab mounts are that flattened out to cause an issue then a simple replacement of the cab mounts would gain enough clearance and if I was going to go thru all that work to do the job then I'd swap them out with some poly mounts . Just my two cents .

i swapped the engine brackets out today , with the summit ones. engine fits better, sits forward maybe 3/8ths of an inch, cleared heater box and there is more adjustment for engine side to side, the centre for better header clearance... might try oblonging booster holes out to move it up 1/4 inch, to gain some clearance for valve cover

Back