• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

440 b body oil pan , fit in a 84 d150???

68gtx

Reaction score
built a 512 stroker for my 68 gtx, but had a good offer on the gtx so i sold it .. now thinking that i should slide it into my 84 short box.. the motor has a canton deep sump pan on it , that fits a 68 b body, anyone know if this pan will work with the 84 truck chassis???

also looking for a set of truck 440 2wd , engine mount brackets.. if anyone on here has some....
thord question is about this post, i don't know where to post about my 84 , is this the correct forum? are 84"s considered a ram??? the other group says to 81..

thanks in advance

Last edited:
You'd need a rear sump oil pan & pick-up for your big block swap . If you get a factory truck pan then make sure you get the dip stick tube with it . It come's off the side of the pan . Milodon also makes a rear sump pan if you want more capacity . I'll keep my eye's open for a set of mount's for you . Sorry I sold the last spare set I had . On your third question , either here or in the general Dodge truck section is as good as any . I just noticed we don't have a forum for the 81 to 93 truck's . Just pre 81 and then here titled Ram . So it's a good question because to me , Ram should be 93 and up . But I'd leave it here . ;)

Its still a Ram with a Dodge in front of it. Fiat is making this to difficult with the new plain Ram badge. Any thoughts on a new section for the new Rams and a rename for us Dodge Ram people? Anything 82 to 2014 or 15? would be a Dodge Ram, right?

Dodge labeled their trucks "Ram" in 81. They have been "Ram" trucks in name under the Dodge brand name ( much like a Silverado is a Chevy) until Fiat completely separated their truck line from Dodge and named the entire truck division Ram. When that happened, they ceased being Dodges, just Ram, and that's it. Their is no longer a Dodge Truck Division. Fiat separated the SRT badge/branding also. They just happen to sell them at Dodge and Jeep dealerships.

You'd need a rear sump oil pan & pick-up for your big block swap . If you get a factory truck pan then make sure you get the dip stick tube with it . It come's off the side of the pan . Milodon also makes a rear sump pan if you want more capacity . I'll keep my eye's open for a set of mount's for you . Sorry I sold the last spare set I had . On your third question , either here or in the general Dodge truck section is as good as any . I just noticed we don't have a forum for the 81 to 93 truck's . Just pre 81 and then here titled Ram . So it's a good question because to me , Ram should be 93 and up . But I'd leave it here . ;)

i ordered this kit today...
BPE Big Block Engine Installation Kit - Bouchillon Performance Engineering

so on the dodge dw page on Facebook, there are some guys saying the engine brackets in the kit i ordered don't work.. they tried them and they don't fit , they are saying 2wd and 4wd are different,, but the kit says they are interchangeable... ??? i emailed bouchillion and they came across kinda short and said they work , ?? anyone???
Bummer. I assume you tried them out on both sides to make sure they weren't mislabeled? I only have 4wd mounts for any sort of reference.

so on the dodge dw page on Facebook, there are some guys saying the engine brackets in the kit i ordered don't work.. they tried them and they don't fit , they are saying 2wd and 4wd are different,, but the kit says they are interchangeable... ??? i emailed bouchillion and they came across kinda short and said they work , ?? anyone???
I'm not surprised . I used to deal with BPE a lot over the years . But not anymore . There real nice to you when your giving them your money , but as soon as you have an issue , there tune changes . They don't back up anything they say or sell .

There is a difference , Here's a picture of my spare mounts . These are the two wheel drive mounts .
IMG_4162.JPG

Do yourself a favor and even if you have to hunt for whatever you need for the swap . "Don't" deal with BPE . Just my two cents .

Bummer. I assume you tried them out on both sides to make sure they weren't mislabeled? I only have 4wd mounts for any sort of reference.
Hey Mob , If it's not to much trouble . Can you post a picture of your mounts so that everybody can see the difference from the one's I posted . I sold the set I had put aside for myself and I don't have any pictures of them .

Hey Mob , If it's not to much trouble . Can you post a picture of your mounts so that everybody can see the difference from the one's I posted . I sold the set I had put aside for myself and I don't have any pictures of them .
I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to hoover to my storage unit and dig them out Saturday.

I was thinking the same thing. I'll have to hoover to my storage unit and dig them out Saturday.
Thank you . I just figured that would help everybody out . A picture is worth a thousand words . ;)

I have sets of each - although I bought them as such and haven't seen either installed, not sure if I can tell the difference between them and I haven't even put them side by side for a comparo yet. May have to dig 'em out and do so.

That's them !;) Thanks Mob .
Way easier than digging though my crap to find them! Think they are in the box under a dash, a firewall, etc, etc. And it's cold outside too!

I got my set off an 84 someone stuffed a 400 in, so I know I'm good.

Back