• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1986 Power Ram Royal SE

I keep telling myself I need to downsize but somehow it never happens. Or at least it hasn't yet........ Wait, I did sell one a couple of years ago (very quickly thereafter replaced with another project).

Caught myself perusing 63 Buick Electra 225 Sport sedans today. Want to suicide the back doors. They have nice seats...
16024236105_fd2858f19f_b.jpg

They are nice cars. Did it have the electic dash and progressive light speedo?
I didn't notice. I was more interested in figuring out if the rear doors could be made to swing the other way. The handles could be swapped to the other sides. It has that long square rear end like a 65 Lincoln continental. 445 Wildcat V8.

Those big ass head light surround rings would get ditched right away. Other than those I think it's a well designed car proportionally.

That ones kind of rough.
That's desert sun patina right there...lol. It's a bit rough but there are not too many around with straight sheet metal and little to no rust through. And that have all of the trim and dash and interior, and glass intact. Kinda have to pick the battles you will have to fight if you buy it. I would like to suicide the rear doors and graft a 67 Galaxie 500 front clip onto it while keeping the front bumper. Think it would look a bunch better with the stacked headlights and square fender noses. Would match the rear better.

I wont! Waiting for it to get warmer and not snowing. Going to send off the bench to get copied and reupholstered pretty soon. While it's gone I have some hunks of metal to replace and some grinding to take care of. What I'm getting sidetracked from is the project in the garage. 1967 Coronet 500. Procrastinating about starting sanding and blocking...lol.

Nice to see another familiar name and whataya know we both have Mopar trucks too lol. Looks like a great project.

Back