• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 D150 Custom

Fortunately the convertible sold...truck stays. I have two 72 and one 75 440 (the one my wife and son tore down) it had manifolds on it. This truck is manual everything and I would want to at least get some power steering. It's a bit of a pia to back up the trailer. I haven't really looked at rear, but did these come with a Dana 40?

Had this one for sale about a month. Interest, but none serious. Spent the day refinishing 440 parts. One manifold in good shape. The other is rough and has a crack.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It would more than likely have an 8&1/4 or 9&1/4 but a lot of the 72&73 trucks had the 8&3/4 which is a front loading rearend which is nice for easy gear swaps

Went balls deep in my Demon project, this one is for sale. Out of the country for awhile so this one is going to sit. I am not giving it away, but the reserve is low. I put a completely gone through 8 1/4 with 3:23 gears in to replace the tiny Dana this truck came with.

A lot I was going to do with this truck.....

Went balls deep in my Demon project, this one is for sale. Out of the country for awhile so this one is going to sit. I am not giving it away, but the reserve is low. I put a completely gone through 8 1/4 with 3:23 gears in to replace the tiny Dana this truck came with.

A lot I was going to do with this truck.....
Too bad your selling it, thanks for the update.

Sold.

I am deployed for almost a year. Truck was going to sit. I figured someone else could enjoy it. When I get back I can beat the bushes again and get back over here.

Good thing is the proceeds will finish my motor for the Demon and get a bit of paint on it!

Ok...joey said he wanted activity well here goes. Almost ready to come home after almost a year away. This truck is gone, but replaced. Proceeds funded a 496 ci stroker based on a 383 B motor for my Demon which is almost fully reassembled for the road.

IMG_0899.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

The motor I built for this truck was a virgin bore and required no bore work. I put big valves in the heads a nice cam and completely rebuilt it top to bottom and will run here in short order and put up for sale. Very nice stock motor with some upgrades.

View attachment 6471 Potential drive train...maybe Bear can chime in and tell me what I need to do to keep my 4 speed with it!

You go and get aftermarket valve covers, would you PLEASE save me the stock ones? I'm looking for a set of OEM Mopar big block valve covers to make into lamp shades to go with the collection I've got going on right now! LOL

I've got them somewhere. My son may have sold them at the last swap meet. I will check and get back to you next week.

I've got them somewhere. My son may have sold them at the last swap meet. I will check and get back to you next week.

Thanks man! IF you still have them, what would ya want for 'em? -I have to be careful, as I'm living/playing on a tight budget so I have to ask! PM me with it if ya will!

You want stock valve covers off a 440? Does year matter? I have at least one set I'll probably never use, I have aftermarket covers for all my vehicles. I'd trade even up for a 67 Dodge truck, but only if it's orange.:rolleyes:

You want stock valve covers off a 440? Does year matter? I have at least one set I'll probably never use, I have aftermarket covers for all my vehicles. I'd trade even up for a 67 Dodge truck, but only if it's orange.:rolleyes:

LOL No year doesn't matter! LOL I have the set thats on my rig, (383) BUT, I wanna keep it "stock" so..... And still be able to make a set of lamp shades (Wall sconces) that are of a Mopar Big Block.... Granted, I don't want real good ones, I want those sorts of valve covers, that won't seal to the heads no more and all. GOOD ones, should be used on a running engine! SO....

Trade? Yeah, LOL OK........ I want some of what yer drinkin'! LOL Hit me in PM!

Ok guys been in contact with the new owner of the truck. He was daily driving it since he bought it with no issues until the motor let go. He wants to swap to 383/727 with floor shifter. What's he need?

Engine with truck pan, trans with lines, radiator, truck motor mounts for engine, exhaust and what ever he wants to use for a shifter.
If he pulls a complete engine and trans from a car.
Truck engine mounts, pan, oil pickup tube, radiator may work out of car and what ever shifter.

Ok...this truck was a slant. Can he just use the schumaker slant to BB mounts. I got him the correct pan, pick up, etc

Schumacher list them as being out of stock if I am looking at the right thing. 72 & up 2WD B/RB swap.
The frames engine member should be the same for every thing right?
I know I did nothing special going from the slant to SB.

Back