• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1979 D150 Custom

What my 79 had - think it was a Warlock, but not sure.
This kills me because mine came factory with that set up . But the guy that sold my truck to the person that I got it off of ,took them out "after" he had made the deal with him . He put the whole set up in his other truck .

Yes that does look like the typical A833 location.
Has anyone every had a trailer hitch for their Dodge that looked like it belongs there?
Most sit to low or so far out the back you beat you legs on it every time you walk around the back.

A833OD 4th. My buddy keeps trying to get me to go auto. I refuse. Nothing like shifting in a truck! Everything is manual on this ride. I will snap an under hood pic tomorrow! 62mph 2000rpm....cruising with the leaning tower of power.

Has anyone every had a trailer hitch for their Dodge that looked like it belongs there?
Most sit to low or so far out the back you beat you legs on it every time you walk around the back.

Leg beater! I put my 10 foot utility trailer on it to haul my motor and finish the Lowe's garden supply run with no issues.

I had an 84 Ram that was perfectly placed. Took it off and I'm keeping it for my 72. Hope it fits!

The one on my 83 fits pretty nice, I think. Now if you leave the insert in it's not friendly anymore........ I think I got mine from U Haul and it's a class V. It's rated well over what the truck should pull.

Mine was a Draw Tite. Class IV or V. It's a D150 but it will never tow what the hitch is rated to unless I upgrade the rig. Bought of of Amazon with everything needed to mount for $130 shipped.

lol "Every" time I leave receiver on the back of my truck , my knee finds it . :confused: Normally followed by a "few" swear words . :rage: lol

A833OD 4th. My buddy keeps trying to get me to go auto. I refuse. Nothing like shifting in a truck! Everything is manual on this ride. I will snap an under hood pic tomorrow! 62mph 2000rpm....cruising with the leaning tower of power.
I hear yah . There's nothing like banging the gears on a stick car or truck . But I'll stick to my 727 for a while . Hell that thing is built so tight that it bangs the gears just fine . If the rear tires arnt chirping , then I'm still in park . :D lol

I had an 84 Ram that was perfectly placed. Took it off and I'm keeping it for my 72. Hope it fits!
Checked on the interweb, and part numbers are the same from 72 and 84, I got a hitch that fits!

How do people feel about sunvisors over the front windshield? I got oone off an 85 I had, and it's actually for a 72-7? I'm thinking of putting it on, but that's a ways off.

Sunvisors, I dig em, but I think a set of cab top lights is a must if you have it.
Just when I think I have everything I need, something else pops up! Another part to casually hunt down. Thanks for planting that seed Dartn440. Lol

Took the cab lights off. Did not care for them. The sunvisor would not be an option eather I like the clean cab look.
Have planed on adding brake lights, turn signals, markers and cargo lights to the headrack.

65 mph, temp 190, oil pressure 45, put about 500 miles on it running around. Found a sweet Coronet vert nearby and wife said I could buy it if I sold this! 75 dated 440 above torn down by my wife and son. 72 440 block is back from machine shop and ready to assemble. I was considering dropping the 440 in the Demon but can't seem to move the drivetrain I had built for it. Specifically got the 72 to make a Demon with a stroker...

image.jpg

So what are you going to do ?

I have no damn idea. Right now I am just driving it 60 miles a day round trip to work and it is doing fine. I expected the Demon to be further along and was hoping that selling the small block would fund it all the way through paint.

Back