• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Dodge D-300

No I haven't done anything to it for a while other than start it up and move it around. I need to heat up the lugnuts on the left side to pull the wheels off and fix the locked up brake. I've been concentrating on redoing the interior of my '95 Ram and got the itch to get one of my Demons restored too. I may get to the D-300 sometime, but not real soon.

Now you got me thinking. I wouldn't have thought the trucks would've had left hand threads,but you never know. I will see if the front left wheel come's off and will have an idea what threads they are,unless they were changed out sometime.

Yeah you know it. There's alot of things I need to get for it like new windshield and back window seals to help keep the rain out. The drivers door hinge area is rusted out bad so the door hangs down. I got a ok donor cab that has a decent hinge area I can cut out of it. It needs cab floors also. My goal for now is to make it look good and safe to be able to drive it while I work on it.

Hemipar,I went out today (since it was nice out)to tackle the lugnut problem on the D-300. Well you guessed correctly,most of the lugnuts were left hand thread but had 2 that were right handed(assuming they were replaced). So I finally got the drum off and got the wheels to spin freely again....for now. I appreciated your input and a buddy of mine also reminded me about the R or L on the end of the studs.

Dartnabout, I'm down in Lancaster,PA

Nice a regular stepside bed may fit with extended fenders. Lancaster Pa. my aunt and uncle had a farm in lancaster across the road from the train museum walk out of the gift shop and across the road your on their property. Their last name was Bishop.

Glad it worked for you J-Miller. I forgot the L and R on the end of studs. Must have been replaced with a mis like that.

saw one with pickup style bed on truck like yours with starting bid of $25,000. looks perty cool with the bed.was listed under collector cars on ebay.good luck

Last edited:
saw one with pickup style bed on truck like yours with starting bid of $25,000. looks perty cool with the bed.was listed under collector cars on ebay.good luck
I went to eBay to check that out. That is a pretty nice truck.

Back