• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED 15x7 Road Wheels

00Ram318

Reaction score
Contact seller
In search of 15x7 road wheels.

My understanding is they came on trucks and Ramchargers/traildusters in a 15x7 variation. I have one single rim. Looking for more.

Must be 15x7s center caps and trim rings preferred but not required.

Located in Rockford IL willing to travel a reasonable distance.

20190730_141308.jpg

I am not 100% sure, but I believe they are the same as the wheels on most C-bodies

I think you've been misinformed. To my knowledge the 16 slot road wheel was never delivered on a truck from the factory. And in many many years of junk yarding I've never once seen a 15 x 7 version, always 15 x 6. I like the wheels and run them on my driver car. There are wheel places that will remove the center and re-weld into the rim width of your choice but cost can be prohibitive compared to new alloy wheels. If you find a 15 x 7 share a pic, I'd llike to see it!

DSCN0914.JPG

Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong and definitely won't be the last! However i'm pretty sure there were some 7" road wheels from the factory but their original application is not something I've researched - and I'd likely forget it by next week if I did.

I agree there are several styles 15 x 7 styled steel wheels from the factory, just not the 16 slot variety. People often get confused in measuring rim width by measuring across the entire rim width instead of measuring down in the rim's recessed tire area and there is usually about an inch difference. Also GM had a very similar slotted wheel that was made in several widths/offsets that can confuse people. Pics of some 15 x 7 truck types are attached. Car types not pictured would include the rally wheel and the cop wheel.

DSCN1312.JPG

DSCN0588.JPG

@LocuMob - Option RY8 only says wheels 15" with no width. It does specify not available with 7.00-15 tires. The mag style wheel, with no center cap, I posted a pic of is that very year and it is a 15 x 7 and probably the wheel offered in option RY8.

Stylized road wheel is the 16 slot wheel, code RY8. I want to say the 7" wheels were off a Mirada or Magnum, I can't recall.

The wheels you posted were code RA5/6 (painted/chrome) Wide Sport Wheels

I have 1 chrome styled roadwheel just like the one I posted a picture of. It is definitely 7" wide as I have several sets of 15x6 road wheels.

Put the skeptics in their place. Take a picture of your 15 x 7, 16 slot, road wheel with a measuring tape on it for all to see.

I is, I is, the primary skeptic !! I went thru this recently with a kid who was selling a set of the 15 x 7 16 slot road wheels. He was convinced they were off a late 70's dodge magnum, but he had been told that. They did have the 5 x 4.5" lug pattern and did not have the chrome center the typical "C" body ones do so I was thinking early pickup myself. I asked him to measure them, told him how, and he confirmed they were indeed 7" wide. Drove two hours to buy them and lo and behold they were 6" wheels which measure a touch over 7" across the rim lips. He assumed I would buy them after driving that far but he was mistaken. Another set turned out to be GM pickup truck, very similar but with a 5 x 4.75" mounting pattern. I'm not the expert LocMob is knowing the order codes and all. Nor am I saying they don't exist. Simply heard to many rumors that never seem to pan out. One simple picture puts it all to rest. Nothing would make me happier than to be proven wrong and apologize for my skepticism (arrogance?).

I see a wheel that measures 7" wide but the face design is obscured. How can I, or anyone, be sure it is in fact a 16 slot road wheel?

I see a wheel that measures 7" wide but the face design is obscured. How can I, or anyone, be sure it is in fact a 16 slot road wheel?
The face is clear as day in pic 1&2

16 slot chrysler road wheel. 15x7.

The rusty nasty looking rim being measured is the road wheel. The squad wheel next to it is for comparison as they are known to be 15x7

You can't, you'll just have to take his and my word for it. The rust in the pictures clearly show the wheel being measured.

Back