• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WANTED 15x7 Road Wheels

I have about 5 sets of the 15x6 W23 "C Body" Roadwheels. I only have 1 that measures 15x7, the one in the pics above.

I see a wheel that measures 7" wide but the face design is obscured. How can I, or anyone, be sure it is in fact a 16 slot road wheel?
It's a conspiracy to befuddle your conscious thoughts and force you to convert to the blue oval...........

What would he have to gain by just out and out fucking with you like that?

No harm no foul. But yet again no proof is actually offered. 00RAM318 says he has one of these wheels yet can't seem to photograph it in such a way as to clearly show it is what he says it is. He's got a camera, he knows how to take a pic and upload it, how difficult can it be? In the end it doesn't matter. No longer interested in beating a dead horse. I shall do as you suggest and take your word for it. For all those reading this thread I've enclosed a pic of an even rarer, optional, all aluminum 16 slot 15 x 8" road wheel. :)

DSCN0813.JPG

No harm no foul. But yet again no proof is actually offered. 00RAM318 says he has one of these wheels yet can't seem to photograph it in such a way as to clearly show it is what he says it is. He's got a camera, he knows how to take a pic and upload it, how difficult can it be? In the end it doesn't matter. No longer interested in beating a dead horse. I shall do as you suggest and take your word for it. For all those reading this thread I've enclosed a pic of an even rarer, optional, all aluminum 16 slot 15 x 8" road wheel. :)

View attachment 17945
You are a fuckin moron ya know that?

To say no proof is offered is ridiculous...I wouldn't have even bothered getting the rim off the shelf for a few quick pics had I known they weren't going to be good enough for you.

Its pretty clear in the set of photos, that the rusty wheel is a 16 slot roadwheel measuring 15x7.

Why would someone make this up? Why? I joined this site specifically to ask truck people about these rims...Just because you haven't seen one that means it's not real?

View attachment 17945
That doesn't show it's a road wheel (W22). Could be any 8" wheel.

You have just done the same thing you are complaining about.

Last edited:
That doesn't show it's a road wheel. Could be any 8" wheel.

You have just done the same thing you are complaining about.
That was his intent Scott. If he wasn't such an ass I would have pulled the wheel down again and taken a better picture. Not gonna happen now.

Here's some factory info to help clarify, or better understand the available wheels.

First up is the info for a 1975 Monaco, which shows W23 for the 16 slot road wheels.

75-Monaco_0008.jpg

It shows an available 6.5" wheel, which I assume we all round up to 7", just like the 5.5" wheels listed, rounded up to 6".

Next is 1975 2wd pickup wheels.

75-Pickups_0025.jpg

An H or L series tire requires the 6.5" wheel, again rounded to 7".

IMG_20200831_200340.jpg

Last edited:
Been away from computer. Yes I was trying to make a point with my picture posting, you're right. Part of my skepticism is that in the photos 00ram318 posted the front faces of both, the 6" wide car wheel and the 7" wide truck wheel, have the same offset on the exterior face. So looking at the faces only, I could not discern the difference between them and thought they were in fact the same 6" wheel. Thank you for the offer to pull the wheel down and photograph it 00ram318 but it's not necessary. And thank you to Locumob for posting all that excellent factory data to look at. My apologies for offending anyone.

Been away from computer. Yes I was trying to make a point with my picture posting, you're right. Part of my skepticism is that in the photos 00ram318 posted the front faces of both, the 6" wide car wheel and the 7" wide truck wheel, have the same offset on the exterior face. So looking at the faces only, I could not discern the difference between them and thought they were in fact the same 6" wheel. Thank you for the offer to pull the wheel down and photograph it 00ram318 but it's not necessary. And thank you to Locumob for posting all that excellent factory data to look at. My apologies for offending anyone.
We got thick skin. 00ram318 is all good, he just doesn't sugar-coat things.

Now go and find him some 15x7" road wheels!

Been looking for decades myself with no luck. Like him I've always liked the look of these wheels. But I'll try.

Back