• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

CwVezFCUkAAZxql.jpg
What a nice fall we are having, time to drive some old cars!

That will need a good soaking. I have one I'm pretty sure is like that, but I haven't opened it up yet. Good luck indeed!
As much as I hate too , I'm scrapping the block . The kid doesn't have any money for a machine shop and I don't have the room for yet another motor . I got the crank out and one of the pistons . There was so much of a lip on the cylinder wall that even when the rings were passed the top of the block , the piston was still stuck .

Supposed to be nice here today in the lower 60's. Did the junk yard run Thurs and got all of what I needed. Fastest one ever in and out in a hour!

Either machine it or toss it.
That's why I decided to toss it . I'm pretty sure with a little time I could save it and make a nice lil street killer B block for him . But the kid don't have any money for the machine work that this motor needs . So it's going to another buddy of mine that does scrap along with a parts truck that I'm done with .

It's a very chilly 34 degree's here today :wideyed: . So unless it warms up some , I won't be getting much done outside . So far I've got everything I'm going to do for now to the Coronet and I'm in the middle of going thru the Ramcharger to make sure it's ready for another New England winter and I still also have to get Luci ready for his seasonal rest . :(

Its been nice here the past couple days (2)..... BUT at night its gets in the 30's..... Before this short lived warm spell, its done absolutely NOTHING bu rain, which we needed here badly! -So I'm not complaining!!!!

-Its definitely coming tho! -old man winter that is!

Hey, 65 sporty, are you anywhere near the Huggett Sod farm? good buddy of mine.
Yes I am, about 2-3 miles away. I work for a small independent repair shop, Nicol Motor Sales and we have done work for Huggetts in the past. Small world eh!

80 chev short box 1/2 ton, Bob is going to try to keep it stock height, today he will pressure wash and pull the motor out, Bobs friend wants the motor back

Back