• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

It is starting

Looks very nice I hate landscaping Ive just been trying to get caught up on outside projects it's a pain kills fun time but makes the beer at the end of the day way better

IMG_2976.jpg
IMG_6836.jpg
untitled58x.png
It took 4 days and she is ready for a little road test today, Bob took out the old 235 and replaced it with a small block and auto trans

Big pictures rock. Tires might not last as long as with the 6!
Bob drives like a old man, never in a hurry anymore, I guess he has learned from his younger days buying tires and paying tickets. I watched him install this combo into the 58, and before he bolted the motor in he went thru all his drive lines and found one the perfect length then bolted the cross members in, everyone was shocked he put headers on but he had very nice exhuast system from a past project so this job was cheap to do

I bet they get better mileage . The motor won't have to work as hard as the six .
Yes Bear, that old 235 got maybe 10 to 12 mpg, Bob is hoping to get 16 mpg with this small block, he ran into a small problem though, 1 dead hole. Doesn't seem to bother him, he said that what he gets for not checking it out before install, so I guess this week he will change it.

Two different old friends stopped by to check on Bob and shoot the bull with him, They both drove old rigs they have been restoring for years

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_9751.jpg

IMG_4675.jpg

IMG_8302.jpg

Had the most amazing ride with the pop yesterday, finally broken in with a few hundred on it. It was running great got the spedo pinned no bog turned out to need 17 degrees of timing then there was smoke from under the hood, just so happened I was a block away from my daughters, shut it off coasted into her yard, man that thing is a bitch to stop without the vac pump. Now got flames coming out, pop the trunk get the fire extinguisher and then pop the hood with a whoosh! Spray it out, then the fire restarts had just enough PKP left to put it out. Got really lucky it only really burned the wiring and some senders, could have been much worse. I think it has those dam copper coated steel washers on the bajo fitting and they leaked. Great no Carlisle with it, and guess it is time to pull the motor and do the paint. No crap guys will get pics tomorrow when I tow it back. Any one got the bulkhead plugs to the engine compartment? will take used right now. By the way any one with a foam eddy air cleaner get rid of it.

Had the most amazing ride with the pop yesterday, finally broken in with a few hundred on it. It was running great got the spedo pinned no bog turned out to need 17 degrees of timing then there was smoke from under the hood, just so happened I was a block away from my daughters, shut it off coasted into her yard, man that thing is a bitch to stop without the vac pump. Now got flames coming out, pop the trunk get the fire extinguisher and then pop the hood with a whoosh! Spray it out, then the fire restarts had just enough PKP left to put it out. Got really lucky it only really burned the wiring and some senders, could have been much worse. I think it has those dam copper coated steel washers on the bajo fitting and they leaked. Great no Carlisle with it, and guess it is time to pull the motor and do the paint. No crap guys will get pics tomorrow when I tow it back. Any one got the bulkhead plugs to the engine compartment? will take used right now. By the way any one with a foam eddy air cleaner get rid of it.
Sounds like a very scary thing to have happen! I am glad your ok and you will be able to fix it soon!

Back