• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB: Manual Brake pushrod and MC Bracket (1st Gen Ram)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGC403

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a manual brake pushrod and the bracket that goes between the Master Cylinder and the firewall for a 1st Gen Ram. Any truck with the 2 bolt master cylinder should work.

Last edited:
If by 1st gen you mean 81/93 then that's going to be kind of a hard item to find because I don't think I've ever seen one of those trucks come with manual brakes before . Are you and if so why , swapping out the power brakes for manual ?

I have seen two manual brake trucks -83 and 85,if that is the years you are working on-yep very oddballs.

I have seen one in the junk yard, and I am kicking myself for not grabbing it then. I saw it and though to myself that is rare.

Anyways, I'm putting a 383 in my truck, the Mopar Performance cast valve cover won't clear the original booster that is in there. I could get a big block booster, but I'm not sure If I'm going to have enough vacuum to operate it with the cam I have in the 383.

I run a set of old Mickey T's on my 440 ( RB Block ) in my Warlock with the big block booster and they clear fine . So I think the clearance with your Mopar Performance Valve covers with your 383 ( B Block ) shouldn't be an issue . The vacuum on the other hand might be a different story . I'll keep my eyes open and if I come across a manual brake truck I'll grab it for you but don't hold your breather . Like I said , there's not a lot of them out there . It might be easier to set up a vacuum canister for your booster . .... Quick question . How big a cam are you running to worry about the vacuum ? Right now I'm running a good size MP purple shaft in mine and I don't have any issues . I know later after I get this set up dialed in I'll be going with a bigger cam and I might have to address this issue then . That's unless I can talk my buddy into selling me his big block he has that's already done . That bad boy is so built that the ground shakes when it idles . Plus I already know what that motor will do at the track . All I can say is that I would be very , very happy if I had that monster . lol

I am running the smallest of the MP purple solid tappet camshafts.

The big block boosters have a smaller diameter than the small block ones. But right now I have a small block one and it was hitting the valve cover when we put the engine in. I had to take the driverside valve cover off to get the engine in.

I was at the junk yard today and no luck. The truck that was there last time, that had the manual brakes was gone.

As long as the donor truck has the 2 bolt master cylinder then I should be able to use the bracket.

Last edited:
First off . If your running a solid lifter cam then your going to have loads of fun adjusting the rockers in that truck . Now I can understand why your thinking of the manual brake set up . I know the big block booster is a smaller diameter , I own and have built a couple of them . That's why , as you've found out , when doing a big block motor swap you should either pull or put aside the booster set up first . If you didn't have the solid cam in there I would say either get the right booster or try grinding down some of the ribs on the back of the valve covers to clear the booster you have now . Of course I would have recommended the right booster over all .

I just thought of something . You might need to change your proportioning valve as well . Just a thought .

I still have the 83 and the brakes work great if you havnt found it yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back