• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wood turning

I'm not a wood turner per-se, BUT I do "turn" things. I'ma model builder and have a full miniature machining center to play with Aluminum, and even plastics.... I turn just about anything with it including wood, but seldomly turn wood on it. I also have a mini-Wood Lathe made by Dremel! Which I have used for wood turnings a bit more then my Unimat!

I also build models and have made small pieces on my wood lathe.I use a very small chuck that
has a #2 taper for the small stuff.

Thats cool! With a chuck like a Morse Taper #2 (MT-2), I imagine under what 3/8th diameter?

It goes down to almost zero.It looks like a regular machine lathe chuck with reversible jaws but the body is only like
1 3/4 od.Great for doing small stuff.......

So its a full headstock then (you mentioned reversible jaws) so... thats AWESOME!!!!

I'd KILL to get my hands on a independent 4 Jaw chuck for my Unimat! And a small collet set, GAWD, I'd be damn near unstoppable then! And a 3 inch rotary table!!! -Heres to dreaming...... LOL

Back