• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wiring harness

Got it, meant aftermarket new. I am not in the mood to retire a whole truck and encounter the same issue down the road. Lol

All the "painless" ones, well if you don't have a damn Chevy, well they sure aren't.

I untaped the junkyard harness and went thru it, and fixed the few bad spots it had. And deleted some "extra wires" that were no longer needed as I converted my truck to standard electronic ignition along the way. Did away with the lean burn . I also incorporated an underhood fuse box to take the place of all the damn fusible links. You might be able to do the same thing with the harness you have. Mine (original harness) was butchered by a past owner beyond hope.

Found one with a quick search this morning in Phoenix Az.
Only problem is no ignition, dash and a few other major components were not included. Not sure what the deal is with that. Other wise a new harness.

Ignition portion won't be there, the in cab part is separate from the under hood part, joined at the bulkhead connector.
Is this a OEM factory harness or some aftermarket conglomeration?

Back