• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Windshield wiper breaker

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
I was hoping if someone might be able to tell where I could find the wiper motor breaker? The FSM says there is one in the circuit, but, fails to tell you where it is. I can't seem to find it in the fuse panel.
My wipers run for a while then quit then they will come back on.

Thank You in advance for the information!!!

It would probably help if you gave us some info like year and model of your Dodge . As far as a breaker for wipers ? I've never heard of one in any year . There should be a fuse , but not a breaker . Maybe even a fusible link . Some years even have a ( what looks like ) a ballast resistor mounted right on the wiper motor it's self . If your wipers are working intermediately ( sometimes working , sometimes not ) then it sounds like a loose or bad connection somewhere . Weather it be a ground or a power source .

It would probably help if you gave us some info like year and model of your Dodge . As far as a breaker for wipers ? I've never heard of one in any year . There should be a fuse , but not a breaker . Maybe even a fusible link . Some years even have a ( what looks like ) a ballast resistor mounted right on the wiper motor it's self . If your wipers are working intermediately ( sometimes working , sometimes not ) then it sounds like a loose or bad connection somewhere . Weather it be a ground or a power source .

Yes very sorry! 1977 4X4 1/2 ton. I could swear the FSM says there is a breaker in the wiper circuit. I'll have to look tonight when I get home.

OK, after rereading the FSM it shows that the circuit breaker is actually an integral part of the wiper switch assy.

Hmm , That's a new one on me . I've had plenty of that gen switch's out and never noticed any type of relay . And if I remember right they didn't even have a delay wiper till around 80/81 . Maybe change the switch out and try that then . But something tell me it's not that .

Back