• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Window regulators 1975 D300

charm

Reaction score
Looking to replace the driver's side window regulator, it's toast. I can't find replacements for this year. 77-78, no problem, but not 75.

Is there a window regulator that will work on the 75 from another vehicle? In the end, if I must, is there a window regulator with the same gear on it? If I must, I can disassemble what I have and put the 'new' gear on during reassembly.

Thanks!

Looking to replace the driver's side window regulator, it's toast. I can't find replacements for this year. 77-78, no problem, but not 75.

Is there a window regulator that will work on the 75 from another vehicle? In the end, if I must, is there a window regulator with the same gear on it? If I must, I can disassemble what I have and put the 'new' gear on during reassembly.

Thanks!
Can you get a picture if the regulator, or is it still in the door?

I hope these help!

BA108B7E-BD70-471F-8B26-6160B8A078C8.jpeg

A52EF537-C42F-4685-8AEC-30680E75D92F.jpeg

I've swapped regulators from different years over the years. Can't guarantee, all are the same, but the only differences I've encountered were that some were riveted in and others were bolted in.

I agree with basketcase on the regulators generally being the same. Also your '75 D300 uses basically a standard pickup door so and regulator from a pick up should work. I've seen guys build up stripped teeth with a welder and then file to shape. The covered gear where the crank handle goes on can be accessed by removing the pop riveted cover and slpr can often be shimmed out with bushings/washers, etc.

Back