• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Winch Mount

danthedewman1

Reaction score
Hi..Brand new to this site. My name is Dan, im living in Alaska now, soon I mean real soon ..ill be living in Ava Missouri. Anyways, I have an 1985 Dodge 150 and im looking for a winch mount for the front. Most manafacturers only go back about 10 years. Anyone have a 80s Dodge and had luck with a mount and can point me in the right direction...Thanks,DAN

Dan , Welcome to the site . You do know it's required to post pictures of your Truck to be on this site , don't you ? It's in the fine print . lol As for your winch bumper ? They don't make them anymore for the older Dodge Truck's . So you eather have to get lucky and find one used , make one yourself , or have someone make one for you . If you don't have anyone to make one , I do that stuff but I would'nt be able to get on it for a little while and besides what ever I charged you the shipping would probably be a killer . You might want to check out your local junk yards and keep an eye out on craigslist and such before you had one made .

What I have seen guys do is buy another hitch and mount it on the front. Some cutting, fabbing, and welding on the hitch will be nessesary to make this happen. It won't be a bolt right in thing like it is on the back of the truck for obvious reasons, but if you do it right all you will see is the receiver part of the hitch hanging down below the bumper. Than you mount your hitch to something you can slide into the receiver, than you have the ability to have your winch either front or back than. I did something similar with my winch on my trailer too. I can either remove it to get it out of the way and to store it so it doesn't sit out in the weather. Than when I am not pulling my trailer I can remove the ball and slide it in and use the winch for other things.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yeah, I think Ill just check out a few different ones and see if I can adapt it to fit my truck. I have a mig welder, so maybe I can come up with something, between cutting and bolting it to the frame.

Danthedewman1- Ava Mo i lived 13 miles from Ava in Mansfield for ten years outside the tick's, chigger's,ice storms and tornado's it's a great place as beautiful as it gets in the spring and fall did i mention humidity in the summer Good luck on your move and welcome to FTO from the Oregon Coast

Back