• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Which would you prefer?

Luke.d6

Reaction score
Hey!

New here. I am trying to find somewhere where people can help me compare some trucks. I am trying to find something that I can use as my daily driver in the winter and a work truck in the summer. I work as a tree planter in British Columbia, Canada. So I do a lot of driving in the summers on logging roads sometimes carrying a quad, and usually 4-6 other planters plus their gear. In the winters I mostly just ski, so if the truck can handle my summer driving I am sure it will be able to handle winters in Canada skiing. I am currently comparing two trucks and I am not sure which suits my needs more. One is diesel which I like because then I have to fuel up less frequently (sometimes we do long drives 2hr+ and driving to town for fuel sucks) but I have been told they are just generally more reliable. The other is gas but is slightly smaller so possibly more fuel efficient. Anyways I'll post the links here and give me your honest opinions and we can discuss from there.

2010 Dodge Ram 2500

2014 GMC Sierra

Both are good trucks. Diesels can be more expensive to repair than a gas engine. The Ram mega cab has more room then the GMC. The fuel mileage may be quite similar between the two. I guess you need to decide if you really need a diesel truck

Generally speaking, (imo)from a cost to operate standpoint the gasser wins hands down. Just an oil change on a cummins is 130 plus. and what to do with 13 qts. of oil. Most people in the cold run gassers cause of the cold temps. Much easier to start and warm up faster. Diesels are not as bad as they used to be but..... . Happy hunting and remember, they are all man made. In other words, they are all junk. Its just a matter of whos junk you want to be seen riding (or pushing) around in. postcar.

Back