• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

which is faster 408 stroker or ls1

That is a very open ended question. There are going to be a lot of different ways to build either engine getting different kinds of power. But the 408 has a longer stroke, so in a similar build it will have more torque than the LS1. But they are from 2 different manufactures so nothing is going to be similar. I would keep it all Mopar.

but the only reason i asked was because my brah justin is going to get an ls1 seeing he has a 91 rs camaro (stock 305) and he says when he gets his ls1 he will be able to beat me but we will see (but that maybe years down the road)

That could be debatable too. Even if you both built your engines to be the same output, your both running 2 different type of vehicles, setup will be way different on each.

I kinda doubt just slapping a LS1 into a 91 will improve it much. Most of the guys I know with Maros of that vintage have a hell of a time putting the power to the pavement.

I kinda doubt just slapping a LS1 into a 91 will improve it much. Most of the guys I know with Maros of that vintage have a hell of a time putting the power to the pavement.

And the 91 weighs as much if not more than you dak

yeah maybe but im not sure my friend is just a big headed person how thinks he is always right lol

yeah maybe but im not sure my friend is just a big headed person how thinks he is always right lol

Sometimes with guys like that you just step back and let them learn the hard way. Not that what he is doing is wrong or anything if I had a marro I would prolly drop an LS1 or better in too.

Sounds like a cheby owner to me ! lol Just ask him if he would mind letting you know if your tail light's are still working after you race him . lol

Back