• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's the worst thing that has happened to your F150?

M

Mr. Fix it

For me since buying this truck in December 2014 I have had the diff leak big time and a slight hesitation "witch" I am still trying to figure out :)

So no thing from anyone then? I guess the F150 is one tough truck!:p

I've had my '95 150 XLT,300-5-speed,4WD, since '96. Over 200,000 miles on it. Tranny has been rebuilt once, switched the auto hubs to lock outs, replaced alternator and water pump. This year I replaced the original brake hubs, calipers, and pads. I don't remember ever doing a brake job on the front, and my mechanic buddy thought the pads were original. Last thing I did was replace the clutch m/c pushrod. I think that is not a bad record for a 20 year old truck, with that many miles. About $2,000 spent in repairs in 20 years. Yep, they are some pretty tough trucks.

I've been Ford Free since 1984 :moparsmiley:.......Dad always had good luck with Fords though

A customer of mine brought in his 12 F150 with a 3.5 ecoboost, it has over 200,000 miles, the timing chains jumped and crushed valves. With the miles on it he choose a Ford reman to put in it, he also replaced the turbo's (they were pushing oil)

Let my "if he only had the balls to get divorced" future son in law use it while I rebuilt the motor in his POS Pontiac.

I know, not a Ford.....have a 95 Dakota that my dad bought new. It only has 103k miles but 80% of that have been pretty rough not to mention my dad wasn't real kind to it either. He was 77 when he passed on and his driving was to the point where I wouldn't go anywhere with him unless I drove! So far a rack and 3 starters and one set of plugs, cap and rotor, new calipers on the front and one leaking rear brake cylinder on the rear. Dad never mention getting it aligned (he usually would mention it and put 25k miles on it) but I've never had it aligned.

Up until about 2 years ago, I have been Ford free since 1984 as well. My wife and I bought a larger 4dr car for the family trips. It goes well, and has it's problems, but on the whole not a bad vehicle.
upload_2019-12-4_22-5-8.png

upload_2019-12-4_22-5-37.png

upload_2019-12-4_22-8-20.png

upload_2019-12-4_22-9-47.png

Here's a picture of my wife in action...driving to the shops (Pic courtesy NZ Police Infringements Camera Division)....
upload_2019-12-4_22-7-16.png

:luvplace:

Back