• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's it worth?

New brakes all around. Rebuild the leaky carb. The girlfriend wants to paint it the original color, which is close to what it is now. Gotta get it to stop first! Then just have it ready to drive.
Yeah , I suppose being able to stop and leaking fuel is kind of important . lol It's look's darn solid ! What's under the hood ?

Yeah , I suppose being able to stop and leaking fuel is kind of important . lol It's look's darn solid ! What's under the hood ?
Not sure. 250 or so. I looked it up before, I'll do it again

I would say 272 or 292 but I think they came out in 55 . But definitely don't quote me . It's been a while since I've worked on anything stock from the 50's .

My bad, it's a '56. It has a 312 cid (5.1l). I've never worked on anything from the 50's, stock or not.

My bad, it's a '56. It has a 312 cid (5.1l). I've never worked on anything from the 50's, stock or not.
There pretty easy to work on . If I remember right , Ford had three Y Blocks . The 272 , 292 and the 312 . You got to love the glass fuel pump and the big 4 bbl. that they put on those . The carb looked like a Christmas tree when you took the air cleaner assembly off . :D

Yea and remember to keep that oil bath air cleaner level during removal.
Have only worked on one flat head Ford V8. First gear drive cam in an automotive engine I had ever done.

Yea and remember to keep that oil bath air cleaner level during removal.
Have only worked on one flat head Ford V8. First gear drive cam in an automotive engine I had ever done.
The air filter assembly is in the trunk, so no mess there. The kid in the pic is the only one who knows how to open it!

Back