• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What to do with my 75 Power Wagon/Sno Commander

geoexchange

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I bought a 1975 W100 Power Wagon with the original Sno Commander package last year to plow my drive.

I've found it is in mechanically -good- shape. I drive it a couple of times a week to keep the battery up, etc. It runs great, starts great, and drives fine except the low gearing - no vibrations, pulling, etc., it drives smooth and straight. It is a full time 4x4 with no lockout hubs and 4x4 transfer case selector. It has the original snow blade and dash mounted plow controls, and has new tires. I have the original tailgate and an extra driver's door (complete with glass, etc.) in good condition.

I'm trying to decide wether to keep it or sell it. I unfortunately do not have the time to restore it, and want something that is easier to drive down the highway.

I would love for someone who likes these to buy it and give it a proper restoration, instead of me plowing snow with it and watching it rust away.

Here's the bad (to me, anyway):
It's not a lot of fun to drive over about 60mph - it is geared low.
It looks bad, or bad-ass depending on your perception.
It has rust. Floorboards are rusted near the door sill, and it has a hole behind seat on driver's side. Also rust around wheels in back, cab corners, and rocker panels.
Rubber grommets on firewall are mostly missing.
Radio is missing.
Rear of bed is "floppy" - I've reinforced it, but not permanently.
Windshield is foggy around the edges.
Seat has a seatcover, but not in good shape underneath.
Heater valve cable is broke, but it has a new heater valve.
Speedometer will not work (probably cable)
No brake lights - I've not figured it out yet...
All other gauges, lights, etc. work including auxiliary plow lights.
Gas tank is hard to fill, but works fine. It spits gas back at you if you fill too fast.
It has a $24 paint can cammo paint job, but looks ok.

It has not been lifted/cut up/etc. It has a 360 as far as I can tell.

Again, it runs and drives good, but doesn't look great. I'm either going to sell it as-is to buy another plow truck, or continue to plow snow/use it around the farm to haul hay/wood/etc.

I am just hoping that someone would be interested in a trade or interested in purchasing it to restore.

Any ideas/offers/trades?

I haven't figured out how to post pictures yet, but these links should work:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xytbc92a6he79jd/2014-04-17 19.30.08.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1itc6kuxo360k3j/2014-04-17 19.30.18.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3q2vzzbo4o06vw/2014-04-17 19.30.31.jpg?dl=0

i have a 88 snow comander ramcharger .... 127k on it and can't get rid of it ..... no one likes the belt drive pump ...

Personally I'd keep it and do it up but it sounds like you've already decided that you want to get rid of it . So maybe you should be posting this in the for sale section .

Back