• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What to do...what to do..?

Ghostrider 67

Reaction score
In light of Kiwi asking us to give this site some love, here's what I have going on truck wise.
I have a 2008 Ram, BigHorn, 4x4, long bed with the 5.7 Hemi, club cab. I have been contemplating most of the winter about painting it Black and Tan circa 1980's. Black on top tan in the middle and black on the bottom. My dilemma is where to break the colors. How far down the bedside from the top and how far up from the bottom. The truck came with a chrome panel all along the bottom edge of the body that comes up about 6". Suggestions? here's a pic of the paint i'm talking about and it is available from PPG. The truck is silver now with a grey interior. Blah...

0011DSC_3208.jpg

Everything above door handles black and below the body line on the bottom black. I think that would look good.

Hi @Ghostrider 67 ...please excuse the crudity of my alterations, but here is my suggestion if you really want that look....
upload_2020-3-22_9-48-47.png

upload_2020-3-22_9-49-0.png

Obviously...you don't use crayons for the change of colour. :D

Hi @Ghostrider 67 ...please excuse the crudity of my alterations, but here is my suggestion if you really want that look....
View attachment 16993

View attachment 16994

Obviously...you don't use crayons for the change of colour. :D
I'm thinking that that's pretty near to what it would be. I need to split the distance between the top of the tail light lenses and the top of the rail. That gets a 2" black portion along the top of the tail gate. The colors would be split at the line between them by a pinstripe too. The bottom is fine to go along the body line there. OR, come up to the tail gate lower crease which adds about 3 1/2" more above that. Actually having the bottom line come up a few inches is better, that gets it slightly above the front bumper which is how the 80's trucks were. They had a 2 1/2" panel under the grill that was the tan color with a small part black along the bottom edge.

Last edited:
Not sure how well the gray interior will go with black/tan exterior.:rolleyes:
I agree. IF, and it's a big if, I do paint it I will also spray the interior plastic panels with a coordinating color, probably a tan, and paint the doors inside where the jambs and edges show. Right now i'm enjoying the pearl silver because I just gave it the spring clean up.
the seats can also be color changed with spray on fabric dye or new covers.

I still have the grill and the dash shell w/ glove box, and the front hubs. Should anyone need them....

Late to the party. It's been a crazy summer for me. Anyways, Grey Is the perfect color for any interior. It's as neutral as It gets. You can litterally put any color with It.

Back