• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What the...

The Mopar Dude

Go ahead, take the day off
Reaction score
Its the first 2 words out of everybodys mouth.
So,? L600071611 005.jpg68l600.jpg

68l600.jpg

L600071611 005.jpg

It started out as an L600 medium duty 2.5 ton grain truck. Most of the other ones that I have seen were either grain trucks, fire trucks or garbage trucks. Afew tank trucks here and there. They came with anything from a 225 slant 6, 318, 361 or a perkins diesel. Have seen a couple with 250 cummins. This one has a 318 that works very well. It is a tilt cab and is still on the original frame. We took 7-1/2 feet out of the back of the frame.
http://www.themopardude.com/68_L-600_TRUCK.html shows some more pictures of the process and more details. Probably the weirdest thing we have built. Gets more attention than any musclecar ever made. Really pisses off the guys you pull in beside at car shows. The best advertising tool a guy could dream up, and drives excellent. It was all just a theory and the way it turned out was pure uncalculated luck.L600071711 003.jpg

L600071711 003.jpg

It's cool but I think it would look better with an older Dodge dually bed on it, like from a 78 or something.

Thought about that first off, with the more squared off fenders, but couldnt find one that wasnt beat to death or had the fenders torn up. Got a good deal on the 2010 bed and it accidentally looks like the body lines somewhat match up.

It sounded like I was unimpressed. I am not. i think the truck looks great. I agree an earlier truck bed that hasn't been beat to death is hard to find.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. Its a blast to drive and the crowd it draws really massages the ego. Hoping to find an earlier bed for the next project.

I like it, but not for me. Perhaps sans the bed and add some HD truck goodies... Anyway, nice rig!

Most of the idiots in my school would think it came that way.

What's sad is when the principle request that someone move their black 4-door chevy and people with blue fords start getting up.

Neat truck, looks like a great hauler. They naver came with a 250 Cummins and it would be a horrible fit being it is about 5 foot long then would need a big trans to boot. I believe they did come with a V-8 Cummins I missed getting a few of them.
GEORGE!!

Back