• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What should I save from my 1980 D200?

Yellowdart69

Reaction score
The time has come to say goodbye to my 1980, but before it goes to Mopar heaven, I want to keep any parts that may be hard to find, in the future, as I am going to restore a 1977.Can anyone suggest what mechanical parts I should keep? I am saving all the trim. Thank you.

Mechanical parts are the easy stuff to find. It's the vehicle specific stuff like trim, panels, interior stuff that is hard to find. There is a guy down here selling a 77 step side Dodge with no rust if you don't mind driving to Minnesota for it. He has a bunch of stuff for it and is looking for $2000 but I believe it will go for far less.

Personally , If you have the room . I'd try and keep the 80 around until the 77 was done . You never know what you might need when your doing one of these trucks and having a whole truck there for your picking might come in handy in the long run .

Thanks , but do to space issues, the '80 is going to have to go. I've had it since May 20, 1980. But it is seriously rusty. I'm taking whatever I need from it, but have a feeling that down the road, I might have wished I kept more.And as for that Step side with no rust - don't depress me .

If servicable, I'd be sure to keep the glove box lid and the box inside, sun visors, instruments, wiring harness, fuel tank, sender, window regulators, all the glass to name a few. Even if the teeth on the regulators are barfed up, keep them. I had to cut out the good, unused teeth on one regulator, cut out the bad teeth on another and welded it into the space.

Thanks. I was wondering about the fuel tanks. The '80 has two, the '78 has only one. I will keep the window regulators, as well as all the dash parts. I thought I would keep the doors.

My truck is a Mutt with bits of 78, 76, and 87 in it. I would expect some differences in the last year of that style, especially in regard to things like the fuel tanks, crossmembers, etc.

Pull everything that is serviceable. Even good fasteners. You'll regret not parting that to the last useable bolt if you don't.

Back