• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

What model LCF and HCF swing fender trucks does everyone else have?

OldIron806

Reaction score
New member to the forum. I have been trying to find an active forum for just the big Dodge trucks and this was the best one I found. Curious what everyone else has for trucks.

My family has been involved in trucking/farming for four generations. The Dodge fever started in 1934 when my great grandfather bought a brand new K72 3 ton. Since then there have been many more. Here is a picture of my first big Dodge. Brought it home in 2013 and I am just about ready to put to work hauling grain.

1974 CT800, 413 W/ Allison MT640 trans, 8329 original miles.

_20160322_194731.JPG

Welcome to the forum. That's a sweet rig you have there. I have a 72 w200 crew cab I'm hoping to start working on this year. I've always loved those big Dodges. I know where one is, a single axle shorty semi, and talked to the owner, he said it has a Hemi in it, thinks it's worth big bucks. As it sits in his back yard for who knows how many years.

Welcome to the forum. That's a sweet rig you have there. I have a 72 w200 crew cab I'm hoping to start working on this year. I've always loved those big Dodges. I know where one is, a single axle shorty semi, and talked to the owner, he said it has a Hemi in it, thinks it's worth big bucks. As it sits in his back yard for who knows how many years.

I don't think it is a Hemi if it is a swing fender. The gassers were 318, 361, 413 Mopars and 478 and 549 IH engines. If you know what year it is we could narrow down the engine.

The big Dodges are around and have seen a few over the years. Just not very common.

Toured a small local private junk yard/pile/stash a few years ago and there was an old Dodge Truck in there that I'm sure was a swing fender, and I know it had an old hemi in it.... Of course, that doesn't mean it started life with that motor, especially when you consider some of the other stuff in the place. Didn't find a dang thing I could use in there either. All I took from there was some skeeter bites.

I don't think it is a Hemi if it is a swing fender. The gassers were 318, 361, 413 Mopars and 478 and 549 IH engines. If you know what year it is we could narrow down the engine.
I'm sure it's not a Hemi. I'd love to get it but I have enough on my plate for now.

Got a chance last night to take a couple of pictures. Hopefully I will be able to repaint it in the next 2-3 years.

2004-05-10 13.17.41.jpg

Back