• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Weatherstripping, window seals, etc recommendations

In rock auto in the universal parts section they sell weather striping with pics and measurements of the profile, save me a ton of money on my rams weather-stripping and window channels.

Rockauto is a good place too, but they might not have the door window sweepers. I tried different ones and the window felts from Fairchild were way better than the others I've tried. They were just like the originals. I'll check Rockauto for these but I'm pretty sure they don't carry them. They are a great place to get a surprising amount of parts that you wouldn't think they carried for older vehicles. I couldn't believe what they had for my 69' Dodge P/U.

I just checked Rockauto, OOOOPS! That's where I got them as a kit. $40 for inner & outer pieces for both doors. I must have checked out Fairchilds web site for these parts because I was very impressed with the quality. So Rockauto does have the window felts. Again OOOOOOOOPPPPPSS!

Try Rubber the Right Way. They offer Fairchild, Precision, Steele & Metro products at a discount. They also make some of their own stuff. The price has been great. It is more expensive than the generic peel n stick or roll crap but it is worth it! www.RubberTheRightWay.com. Good parts + good people = I will be back.

Try Rubber the Right Way. They offer Fairchild, Precision, Steele & Metro products at a discount. They also make some of their own stuff. The price has been great. It is more expensive than the generic peel n stick or roll crap but it is worth it! www.RubberTheRightWay.com. Good parts + good people = I will be back.
So you have used this supplier for Dodge truck door seals?

Look in Rock auto in the universal section under body. I got almost all I needed there by the foot. You need to know the profile of the seal.

Does it slip over the door frame like the original or is it a glue on to the side of the opening. I have tried the glue on junk that was supposed to have been a factory replacement before. Might as well have gone to the hardward store and picked up some weather stripping.

Our 81 to 93 Dodges used 1 profile and type of door weather stripping. How hard should this be to get original type weather stripping. Way do suppliers not understand this?

Back