• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Ways to wake up a 5.9l

dusted72

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to wake up a stock 98 magnum 5.9l? Talking bolt ons not going into the engine....yet. It's a 98 Ram SS/T.

Ok that would work. Ok now lets say one has a $1000 budget to work with.

Nitrous bottle....

nx.gif

Ok I will keep refining the question. Consistent HP gains and maybe improved MPG.

http://www.thefastman.com/Throttlebodies5x.asp (Larger throttle bodies)

http://www.thefastman.com/02Simms.asp (Removal of the catalytic converter.... more air flow)

http://www.superchips.com/Home.aspx (there is two available for your truck)

K&N intakes will help some but it was the only mod that I really couldn't tell a difference. They do supply more air and look good too but you could punch holes in the air box and just add a K&N filter and more or less have the same thing. Also relocate the IAS (intake air sensor) to the air box or the K&N cold air intake.

Also you can contact Martin Saine at MSaine1213@aol.com He has different valve bodies for the transmission that are mild to wild. He will send you everything you need and you send him back your valve body. I got one from him (street/strip) and installed it myself. I test drove it and it will snatch second gear. lol
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]

[/FONT]

Wow sweet that is a lot potential improvement for not much cash. That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Also 4:56 gears with limited slip differential ONLY if you have overdrive transmission. They actually improved my gas mileage over the 3:55

Wow one would think 4.56's are a little much for a street truck. Guess not always.

Forget about superchips or hypertech or that other BS. Just email hemifever@aol.com and get an SCT tuner, either he can or you can write unlimited tunes for your truck if you get the unlimited tuning from him.

Forget about superchips or hypertech or that other BS. Just email hemifever@aol.com and get an SCT tuner, either he can or you can write unlimited tunes for your truck if you get the unlimited tuning from him.

That sounds like a better deal. I didn't know about SCT.... I will have to check it out. I have been out of the truck scene for awhile so I don't know all the latest and greatest that has came along.

That sounds like a better deal. I didn't know about SCT.... I will have to check it out. I have been out of the truck scene for awhile so I don't know all the latest and greatest that has came along.

I have his canned tunes which are custom written for my mods. If I pay another 100 I can have unlimited tweeks.

Start looking for deals..... I ended up supercharging my Dakota with a 5.2 for $508 including the cost to throw it on the rollers to check the a/f, and find out that I have 255hp and 312tq at the wheels.... Not bad for an engine that was rated at 225 crank hp...... Now has a bit over 300 a the crank...

Start looking for deals..... I ended up supercharging my Dakota with a 5.2 for $508 including the cost to throw it on the rollers to check the a/f, and find out that I have 255hp and 312tq at the wheels.... Not bad for an engine that was rated at 225 crank hp...... Now has a bit over 300 a the crank...

That's a kind of deal everyone needs. lol

Lol how's about my free 20s........... Rims and tires...... Now that's a deal......

Back