• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

wantig to lift a 2001 quad cab

jfreakofkorn

Reaction score
I have a 01 quad cab ram 1500 series with a 318

I want to get some alutuide and on a budget ...

What do I look for and what can I expect on prices ..

Also where do I look for this for the truck ....

Any ideas or Opinions are Welcomed ....

102_2755.jpg102_2753.jpg102_2754.jpgI own a 2001 ram 1500 4x4 quad cab i bought a rough country 2 1/2 lift with shocks [http://roughcountry.com/dodge-leveling-lift-kit_374.php] ,i also replaced the track bar with an aftermarket adjustable track bar [http://www.dtprofab.com/TRAC-BARS-STEERING_c_26.html] i highly recomend replacing the stocker with an adjustable this one was in my budget but dodge off road has one thats favored by many. I'm able to clear 33" tires no problem,rough country offers 3" and 5" lifts [considered a 3-5 lift] but at my age i ain't into climbing up to get in my truck [with the small lift i can tell the difference] have not gotten my tires yet but that's next.

102_2755.jpg

102_2753.jpg

102_2754.jpg

Personally I really don't care much for Rough Country after I used there lift on my 84 but they probably would be the cheapest way to go . Here is my old 95 with a 3" SkyJacker lift and I ran 33's without a problem and it rode better then with the factory suspension . Now I have my 97 with a 5" SkyJacker and I run 35's with no issue's . Hope this helps .

IMG_0011_2.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

There are many choices out there I procrastinated for months before I chose the rough country, Bear is quite correct on rough country I have read both good and bad comments about them but i'm budget minded and I don't offroad/mud at all so I think i'm ok with my choices [or i'm friggen cheap]. I chose the kit I have due to the fact I can add to it if need be taller springs,rearched leafs for the rear, longer drag links for the front axle [to keep the wheel centered in the well] which I plan on adding along with traction bars in the near future. My plans are to get 285/75/16 or 305/70/16 tires [both are 33 inch tires 305s are wider] all terrains [for long wear factor] or mud type tread [for the cool looks but they wear out fast on the street] and i'm done with the modifications. I truly suggest the track bar replacement [don't go cheap] mine was around 400$ for the kit stock track bars don't play nicely with lifts or big tires and are non adjustable so as you lift the truck vertically the stock track bar pulls the front axle towards the drivers side and as you go up the axle is pulled back in the wheel well [3/4 of an inch for every 2 to 2 1/2 inches of upwards lift roughly] that's why they recommend the aftermarket trailing arms for your front axle plus the factory stockers are flimsy [for really hardcore muddin or crawlin]. Shop around there are really good products available in all price ranges. If your mechanically inclined I suggest installing the stuff yourself, shops will charge around [1300$ in my area for a 3 inch lift kit and installation]. Have fun!!!!!

Some advice ? Listen to everything lou just said . :becky:

I have a 01 quad cab ram 1500 series with a 318

I want to get some alutuide and on a budget ...

What do I look for and what can I expect on prices ..

Also where do I look for this for the truck ....

Any ideas or Opinions are Welcomed ....

Why is it that you wish to lift a 2wd? Ready lift and truxx make a 2" leveling kit. Easy to install. Truxx is less expensive

If its a two wheel drive I would leave it stock or slam it don't even waste your time lifting it, 2wd's are supposed to be stock or slammed 4x4's are supposed to be stock or lifted simple as that. The 2nd gen rams look killer laidout the first gens do also but they are more difficult to do [you pretty much have to fabricate everything your self] because the aftermarket has not been good to 1st gen Dodges. Those are just my opinions.

Some advice ? Listen to everything lou just said . :becky:

Thanks Bear,this is my first coil spring 4x4 truck i'm used to leaf springs in my old trucks,lifting them was easy rearch springs some blocks,u bolts bingo your lifted, no worrys of axles moving back or side to side. One thing about coils they ride much nicer than a reached spring truck, but a truck is supposed ta ride like a truck you want comfort buy a caddy!!!

Thanks Bear,this is my first coil spring 4x4 truck i'm used to leaf springs in my old trucks,lifting them was easy rearch springs some blocks,u bolts bingo your lifted, no worrys of axles moving back or side to side. One thing about coils they ride much nicer than a reached spring truck, but a truck is supposed ta ride like a truck you want comfort buy a caddy!!!

AMEN! God bless the pygmies

Maybe I'm missing something , but were does it say he's got a 2 wheel drive ?
Why is it that you wish to lift a 2wd? Ready lift and truxx make a 2" leveling kit. Easy to install. Truxx is less expensive

oh hell.... i just went back and read it again. My bad. My wife must have spiked my pbr with something! lmao

Once I thought I was wrong but I was mistaken . LOL

No problem lou . Credit were credit is do and you gave him a lot of good advice .

Thanks I try to help where I can and most of this I have recently learned from browsing forums and youtube then actually installing my kit.

mostly everything here is 4x4 .....

i like the height and plus have the truck .....

Back