• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wandering A/C in my Super Cab

retroron

Reaction score
I could use some suggestions/input here. My F150's A/C seems to be senile. It doesn't set to any particular switch setting, e.g.,panel/floor when the position is selected. What it does is search for something it likes and then resides there for awhile. Sometimes, but not always, it moves to the selected position. I've replaced the control unit, so that's not the problem. I think it's the cheap ass plastic control lines Ford uses for the engine vacuum.
Anyone?

A break in the plastic vacuum lines will normally divert the airflow to the defrost vents. It may help if you mention what year your truck is...

I had to give your comment some thought. Yes, it does divert to the defrost vents most of the time. Other times it goes to the floor/panel vents. Some times it sets to the "auto" setting and then comes to rest wherever.

There has to be an issue with the controls and how the air is diverted obviously. Not sure what else to do in the situation since you said you took apart and replaced the control unit. Is there anyway you can inspect the hoses and the vents leading into your cabin and see if something is at fault there?

My Previous truck a Chebby ex cab went 143000 and I never put a wrench on it, except for an alternator. This F150 has blown the head gaskets, puked an alternator, and launched the transmission, just for starters. It would be great as farm truck hauling lemons.

IMG_0557.jpg
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG

I keep it because I need it for towing my Dart and my race car. To paraphrase Buick, when better Ford F150's are built, GM will build them -- or maybe Dodge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back