• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Very little heat

niceolddart

Reaction score
2001 Dodge 2wd 2500, V10 automatic. I have very little heat from the heater on this thing. Checked for hot coolant getting to & from heater hoses. All seems good. Is there any heating problems common with these trucks? Blend door not closing? Temp switch bad? The thermostat seems to be working OK. My last truck, an 87 D250 had great heat. I like old fashioned cable operated heater controls, you could "feel" if there was a problem, this electronic stuff, you can have it!

65 sporty

Reaction score
Both heater hoses are hot, one is not cold? The blend door motor is on the bottom of the heater case on the passenger side. Take a light and watch the motor while turning the knob, you should be able to see the shaft turning. If it is, remove the motor to see if the bottom of the door isn't broke.

niceolddart

Reaction score
Both heater hoses are hot, one is not cold? The blend door motor is on the bottom of the heater case on the passenger side. Take a light and watch the motor while turning the knob, you should be able to see the shaft turning. If it is, remove the motor to see if the bottom of the door isn't broke.
Both heater hoses are hot. I will check blend door operation as you suggest & go from there. Hopefully it dosen't turn into major project. Thanks for the help 65 sporty.