• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Van bumpers on a pickup

85crewcabbie

Reaction score
At the junk yard I see van bumpers that have the same shape and width as my pickup (an '87) bumpers. I have been wanting to remove the bent rear step bumper from my pickup and was wondering if I can use the van rear non-step (or front) on my pickup. They do have additional mounting holes and I presume different brackets. So if bumper mounting holes are different can I use van bumper/bracket assemblies? More vans than pickups are showing up lately with good bumpers.

I think the framerails may be different widths, so mixing and matching could be difficult. Of course, you could do as I did on my 66 C-10 years ago, used a 62 front bumper and just made extra holes IAW the one I removed to fit my brackets then stuck bolts in the unused holes. Nobody ever brought it up to me nor ever noticed that I know of.

1978 1988 van rear bumper match perfectly the utiline pick up box just need some drilled holes for the brackets.

Back