• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trying to get motivated to start

You have that one right about getting busy and the pain goes away.
It really doesn't go away but it helps me put it in the back of my head for a while . Doc tells me I can't do this or I can't do that anymore . Hell according to all the reports , MRI's , Catscans , etc. , I'm not even supposed to be even to walk anymore . I just keep telling them that I'm just to darn stubborn to let anything keep me down I guess . lol

It really doesn't go away but it helps me put it in the back of my head for a while . Doc tells me I can't do this or I can't do that anymore . Hell according to all the reports , MRI's , Catscans , etc. , I'm not even supposed to be even to walk anymore . I just keep telling them that I'm just to darn stubborn to let anything keep me down I guess . lol
What the hell happened to you? That's a lot of fun times with doctors and their machines. Laura's had a bunch and she hates it all. She's preparing mentally for surgery on a bulging disc. I hope she includes a little positivity in her head. I've just had a torn meniscus worked on and that sucked moving around for awhile, I can only imagine what a bigger surgery must feel like.

What the hell happened to you? That's a lot of fun times with doctors and their machines. Laura's had a bunch and she hates it all. She's preparing mentally for surgery on a bulging disc. I hope she includes a little positivity in her head. I've just had a torn meniscus worked on and that sucked moving around for awhile, I can only imagine what a bigger surgery must feel like.
Well lets just say , the next time you go into a pizza joint , take a look at the big pizza oven in the wall and you'll say , that must weigh a ton . I'd hate to have that fall on my head . Well in my case , it did . I used to drive truck and one day ( the first time I had asked for help with loading my truck by the way ) I had to deliver a pizza oven . Well the warehouse guy that was supposed to be helping me load it shifted it the wrong way and down it came , and guess were it landed . Yup , dead center on top of my head . My back is all kinds of messed up , plain and simple . In Laura's case , The best advice I can give her ( And I know it's easier said then done ) , Is don't let it rule her life . Yes you have to stop and think before you do thing's you used to and yes there will be some stuff that you won't be able to do . Like in my case , I'm not carrying engine blocks around anymore . But you find way's around stuff like that . But if you let it stop doing the thing's you love , then it's won . Just my two cents .

Ouch. Laura never had anything like that happen! She just had back problems and a shitty doctor that ended up messing things up more than he did help her. Infection and more surgery on her back, then hip, knee and more back fun. I'll let you tell her to not let it run her life, easier said than done. She's stubborn in her ways and still doesn't do certain things in the best manner. Train tracks, bumps in the road, doors shutting too hard, trunk getting shut with her in the car and it's back to square one. I hurt most days but shrug it off and keep going, no one is going to do any of my work for me, so if I can move, I get to keep on going doing whatever it is I have to do. I'm only 41 but can tell I need to get my big projects done sooner so I can actually enjoy driving my fleet and not just building them. At least I'm young at heart and don't act my age, that keeps me going.

Ouch. Laura never had anything like that happen! She just had back problems and a shitty doctor that ended up messing things up more than he did help her. Infection and more surgery on her back, then hip, knee and more back fun. I'll let you tell her to not let it run her life, easier said than done. She's stubborn in her ways and still doesn't do certain things in the best manner. Train tracks, bumps in the road, doors shutting too hard, trunk getting shut with her in the car and it's back to square one. I hurt most days but shrug it off and keep going, no one is going to do any of my work for me, so if I can move, I get to keep on going doing whatever it is I have to do. I'm only 41 but can tell I need to get my big projects done sooner so I can actually enjoy driving my fleet and not just building them. At least I'm young at heart and don't act my age, that keeps me going.
Shitty doctor ? Oh been there done that too . First doctor ( ER Doc ) , No test , not even an X-Ray , Gave me a script and sent me to one of there doctors , so we'll call that the second doctor . Second Doctor , checked me out gave me scripts , did no test at all , not even an X-Ray . Kept me working , when one script didn't work gave me another one , etc. , etc. , etc. , Put me into ( what I was told ) physical therapy , ended up being a work hardening program and more scripts . Third Doctor , Talking about cutting me open on first visit , without any test at all , not even an X-Ray and gave me more scripts . By the time I found a "real" qualified doctor it had been way to long and I was screwed . The hospitals have a pain level scale of 1 to 10 as you obviously know from Laura . To give you an idea , On a really good day I'm a 12 , I average about a 14 or 15 . I've learned to live with it somehow , Don't know how , But this has affected my life enough and I'm not going to let it "run" my life and I don't talk about it much because I just want people to know "me" and treat me as such and not any different . I still do thing's , like build and work on vehicles as you know . It just takes me a little longer now and I have to remember my limitations . You got to do the things you love and I love building .

I've learned to speaky mind (politely) when dealing with doctors and to question then right there. I'm amazed at how many times that has made them rethink the situation again and change their minds.

Keep on keeping on! That's all I got for ya, that's what I do. Now if only spring was here already, I got 4 projects that need to get moving!

I've learned to speaky mind (politely) when dealing with doctors and to question then right there. I'm amazed at how many times that has made them rethink the situation again and change their minds.

Keep on keeping on! That's all I got for ya, that's what I do. Now if only spring was here already, I got 4 projects that need to get moving!
You got that right on both counts !;) I'm counting the days till spring myself , can't wait ! :) This week since it's been above freezing out there , I've been messing with a big block that I picked up for the Coronet . The weather is turning colder though as of today , with high's in the 20's . So I don't know how much time I'll get out there . But like you said , gotta keep on keep'in on , So I'm still going to do what I can . ;)

I hear you Bear the pain meters are pretty much worthless.
I am like you if busy can block the pain for the most part. Levels are rated by level of accomplished movement and not pain.
LocuMob I have 20 years on you and like I have said before just keep moving and enjoy life.

Hay when I was 18 we were legal to drink. We actually set in the bar with our high school teachers and fatrinized with the enemy as we called it.

Back