• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Truck replacement carpet

dusted72

Reaction score
Has anbody replaced the carpet in their trucks? If so who did you use, recommendations are welcomed and needed. Thanks guys its for a 98 Ram SS/T.

Geno's garage,lmc truck,e bay i have seen carpet on all of those,have not bought any but plan to eventually.

Yep saw those just didn't know the quality. Saw some pretty bad reviews of the LMC stuff. One guy said if you hold it up you can see light through his from LMC. Over on the FABO the guys said Auto Custom Carpet and Stock Interiors have good carpet. ACC sells for about $135 shipped that ain't too bad to change the appearance of the inside. It is a bit dirty and I don't know if it will clean up or not.

I used ACC for a complete carpet interior when I redid my 91 RC. I am going to use them again when I get that far on my 66 Dart GT. The carpet fit good. It is not to hard to install. You have to cut a couple openings for the seat bolts and 4wd shift lever etc.Take everyting out of the truck lay the carpet in, and flatten it out, and make sure you have it right before cutting the holes. The tickyist part of mine was gluing the new rear fender well covers on, had to do alot of trimming/fitting. You wont have them unless you have an RC.

On the other note,if your capet is just dirty, take it out and clean it real good with some good carpet cleaner, and a garden hose. I did that on a 97 Ram extended cab, and it came out excellent.

barracudadave67 aka Dave C.

Last edited:
I bought one of the Stock Interiors pcs and wasn't happy with it. Short on pass. side. If it's just dirty, go with barracudadave's suggestion with the carpet cleaner and hose. I've also had good resultes with pressure washing them. Be amazed at how much dirt comes out of them.

Hey "dusted72" I have a quick question for you . I just checked auto custom carpet ( acc ? ) and they wanted $217 pluss shipping for a carpet for my 97 sport reg cab . Were did you get that price of $135 shipped ? Mine is "realy" beat and was cut out of another truck ( by previuos owner ) . So it look's like crap and I figured for your price I'd go for it .

Thank's dusted72 ! I think I might give them a try . When I did a search for ACC & auto custom carpet again I came up with two diferent company's with the same name . One was alot pricer then the other . But I think I'm gunna go with your linc and try them as soon as I sell my 95 . Thank's again .... Bear

If you get fom this place could you let me know of their quality and fit? Sorry to use you as a guinea pig.

Oh shuuure , You's me as a guinea pig ! lol No seriously , I'll let you know . That's the next thing on my list for the interior then after that I'm gunna do up a the seat's in leather and maybe even heated one's for the wife . Gotta keep her happy ! lol

Back