• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Truck parking

LocuMob

Fluid Technician
Reaction score
If you can't park a truck or your SUV, you shouldn't be driving it! Get a Honda civic or some other car!

Sorry about that. I just see some schmuck park their truck like crap every day. Taking up 1 & 1/3 spaces cause, well they don't feel like driving it like a truck and swinging in to the spot. I'll give a pass to the old guys in their 70's and 80's, they've earned it. But all these younger people need to take a course on how to drive a truck. Moms used to be able to park the family station wagon, but can't seem to figure out how big the truck/suv they drive is. Pretty close, just taller.

And on a side note, when did peoples heads and necks stop working to see what's beside and behind them driving and backing up? Mirrors don't do it all folks.

Rant over. Coffee will have to do until it's beer thirty.

Your preaching to the quire my friend . That's been my one gripe ( I almost said the B word :wideyed: ) for quite some time . Me I normally back into spots ( with my truck ) and don't have any issue . One shot , right in . But I see these other people all the time , that act like there driving a big rig and can't park OR drive , and it don't even have to be an suv . It can be a lil Honda Civic or something . And talk about people not turning there head when backing up ? When I went to driving school , That was a requirement ! I've almost gotten hit a "few" times by these people , that just seem to go by the theory "Keep going till you hear or feel a bang" . OK , that's my rant . Pass me a cup Mob , will yah ?

Understand the complaints but what good is turning my head going to due while backing up. Got a pickup that stands 2 feet taller than it should at stock height on one side and someone's over sized SUV on the other with windows tinted to where you could not see threw them if you wanted to the back is full of tools anyway so the back window is of no value so ever other than keeping track of the load. So what is left side mirrors.
I do back out slow and with a much cassion as possible.
My complaint is the sob that doesn't realize they are in a parking lot and should be driving with extra cassion instead of some raod course.
And yes the Dakota is our number one driver these days.

Got a pickup that stands 2 feet taller than it should at stock height on one side and someone's over sized SUV on the other with windows tinted to where you could not see threw them if you wanted to the back is full of tools anyway so the back window is of no value so ever other than keeping track of the load.
Funny! I was talking about (mostly women, according to my unscientific data) that won't even try to look out the sides or back of their car, usually in a wide open lot, and still almost hit me. But yeah, I suppose turning around when backing up isn't necessarily required.

Funny! I was talking about (mostly women, according to my unscientific data) that won't even try to look out the sides or back of their car, usually in a wide open lot, and still almost hit me.
Yah better not let Cindy read this one ! :D lol

But yeah, I suppose turning around when backing up isn't necessarily required.
That's "if" they know how to use there mirrors and "if" they do at all . I drove truck for quite a few years , so I know how to and do use them . But a lot of these people don't look at what's in back of them or beside them when there backing up or changing lanes . "Those" are the people I B..... ( almost used the B word again :rolleyes: ) gripe about .

Another gripe I have is people that text or talk on the phone while driving . It's one thing to use a hands free blue tooth . You can pretty much guarantee , that if your on the road and you see someone changing lanes back and forth or slowing down and speeding up for no reason . there either texting or talking on the phone . :mad: Heck , most of these drivers can't even walk and chew gum at the same time , let alone get behind the wheel and text or talk .:confused:

Another gripe I have is people that text or talk on the phone while driving . It's one thing to use a hands free blue tooth . You can pretty much guarantee , that if your on the road and you see someone changing lanes back and forth or slowing down and speeding up for no reason . there either texting or talking on the phone . :mad: Heck , most of these drivers can't even walk and chew gum at the same time , let alone get behind the wheel and text or talk .:confused:
I'm guilty of texting but I live in farm land, no big deal when you are the only car on the road for miles. Talking on a phone is still legal, the police do it all the time, and as long as they do, I get to also.

When I delivered parts we had a two way in the truck, I'd use it while driving, smoking my Camels, eating a burger and drinking a pop. Steer with my knee, shift with my wrist. Safe, not the most. Smart, definitely not. But I never got into an accident, could follow the car ahead of me like we were a train, and learned how to anticipate every other drivers behavior.

Your lucky , You live in the country . I don't live in the city , city , but It's heavily populated and personally , I think people just plain don't know how to drive anymore . I used to love to drive and cruise the tires off of my rides . But now , It seems like if there's a stupid move to be made , they'll make it . That takes a lot of the fun out of cruising around here .

I didn't have my license when I was in Philly, but yeah, even out of the city there was a ton of traffic. Huntington pike was almost a constant drone of cars. Nothing like driving on 95 outside of Washington DC. Or New York City, etc. Farmland sure has its benefit!

Even on open roads , It's the mentality of the drivers nowadays , that just drives me nuts .

Driving in Mass drives me nuts. Them there roads were built for horse and buggy's not cars and trucks.
Glad I live in the country.
What you think of those who just have to park in truck and trailer parking areas with their 4 wheelers. Talk about space hogs.

What you think of those who just have to park in truck and trailer parking areas with their 4 wheelers. Talk about space hogs.
That's just plain rude. Those guys and gals deal with all the a holes and get blamed more than they should.

Give them a trailer and watch the fun begin!
Hops, I SUCK at parking a trailer. Just never had many chances. Friends always had a truck and trailer so I was a passenger. I'll tape the next time I do and post it for others enjoyment/suffrage.

I am ok with one seems the longer the better for sure! Whats up been a while.
Trying to get the Polara out, today might be the day. Getting a hot tub, putting a deck around it, which means I get to pick up as much overtime as possible. Then it's turning my attention to my Dart and shoehorn 440 in after rebuilding the front end, k frame and disc brakes, and putting in BBP axles. More planning than anything. How the hops going?

Busy it is the rhizome season that keeps me in car and beer money for the year. Using a Schumacher kit on the dart? That's what I used in mine. If you need tips just ask been through it.

Schumacher mounts, them with my small block, awesome ease of install. tri headers, need an aluminum water pump, said axles and a couple of days to rebuild the front end. Then shake down runs, then drive the bejeezus out of it, need to make up for at least 15 years of not driving it!

Get the ball flange? pipes for the header you will not regret it. I had to run two electric fans in mine for the re was no real clearance for a fan that would work. Remember low valve covers to clear the fan motor also. You on FABO?

Back