• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trans swap? Re-gear?

How in the world?
Generally; the NP203 is bolted onto the back of the SHORT-TAIL 727. Then the driveshafts are sent in both directions.

The GVod comes with an adapter that bolts in place at the back of the 727 maincase, then about 20inches or so of GVod, then the T-case. And you're saying that Gear Vendors has adapters for both ends AND that it somehow occupies the same space, AND, you can reuse your factory length driveshafts?
IDK man,
I have, however, seen the remote-mount GVod; but you still have to make driveshafts for it; and now you have a new problem, namely, pinion angles...........
In any case; you'll definitely like that GVod.
Happy HotRodding
That was my thought also. That tail shaft housing is only long enough to house the, park brake, governor and provide a transfer case mount.

well, his location is Sidney so you never know what's gonna happen, lol. It might be interesting.

OK did some homework and the new unit works a little differently to the one I already have on the back of my A833.
From geravondeors "All our kits bolt directly to the rear of the transfer case and are electronically locked out during 4X4 operation." So a misunderstanding on my part - no new front driveshaft, but definitely a shortened rear shaft. I have also purchased a mile-marker conversion kit for the transfer case as I plan to drive the truck as a daily. The T-case is leaking, so it was already gonna get opened up and given a service while we're under there, so I thought it only made sense to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Truck will stay a left-hook as per factory. State law round here has vehicles older than 1983 not-requiring the RHD conversion thank God. Also aimed for a 78 truck, last year for big block, so much easier for me to get it blue-slipped here. Both the current 440 and the 400 block I have for it were available as original equipment, so far less headaches when it goes over the pits.

OK did some homework and the new unit works a little differently to the one I already have on the back of my A833.
From geravondeors "All our kits bolt directly to the rear of the transfer case and are electronically locked out during 4X4 operation." So a misunderstanding on my part - no new front driveshaft, but definitely a shortened rear shaft. I have also purchased a mile-marker conversion kit for the transfer case as I plan to drive the truck as a daily. The T-case is leaking, so it was already gonna get opened up and given a service while we're under there, so I thought it only made sense to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Truck will stay a left-hook as per factory. State law round here has vehicles older than 1983 not-requiring the RHD conversion thank God. Also aimed for a 78 truck, last year for big block, so much easier for me to get it blue-slipped here. Both the current 440 and the 400 block I have for it were available as original equipment, so far less headaches when it goes over the pits.
We just put a gear vendors in a customers 1ton Chevy square body, 350 with a NP435 trans and a 205 transfer case. It's a pretty cool unit, pricey though

Its definitley not the cheapest option, but the price of anything 4x4 related round here has gone thru the roof during the whole Covid-mania. Hasnt stopped every man and his dog from fully kitting out anything with 4 wheel drive with lift kits, snorkels, bash plates etc... Ive never seen so many trucks so kitted up. Should have bought shares in ARB

Back