• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The Rules Have Changed... 20 Years Ago! 1994-2001 Dodge Ram

It sure does look like an F150 to me... I'm thankful that they got completely away from that look!

I can't say much here.... I've NEVER owned a "Ram"..... ALL my Dodge trucks I have EVER owned were Power Wagons! And I've had several over the years. HOWEVER, I've LOVED the looks of the '95 Dodge 2500.... SO naturally, I think that '97 T-Rex 6x6 is a SEXY S.O.B.!!!!! The only issue I can see with a 6x6 is buying tires, THAT truck on Super Swamper 44's TSL's..... OMG (I'd be ALWAYS playin in the mud and terrian) BUT, to that a V-10? NAHHHHHH dump me a 5.9L Cummins in that puppy OR a Hyper Hemi 6.4L

Several years ago I owned a 1978 3/4 ton original 440 Power Wagon... It was a fun truck! I agree the Cummins is an awesome engine and my 97 will probably have a 12 valve swap in its future when my Duster is done. That said back in the 1990's the Dodge V10 was the stoutest of the truck gas engines. It was a torque monster in its day with 450 foot pounds down low in the RPM range!

I've been spending all my time over on For A bodies on working on my Duster. I just wanted to give the 2nd Gen guys an update on my truck... I ended up selling the 18" wheels and going with a set of 17's and 33 x 12.50 tires. I think they fit the truck better for a cleaner look!
Dam , Your Ram came out nice and the new tires make it ! Good to see you back Black Dodge ! :cool:

Yeah those tires and rims fit your truck better the stance looks GREAT!!!!! NOW If I could find a hefty set of Mopar Rallye's to fit my 38's..... And be within my price range I'd be putting those in-place of the hurricanes I have on it now! (I just like the looks of the Mopar Rallye's better then the Hurricanes) plus the Hurricanes need a lot of polishing to make them even look good!

Yeah those tires and rims fit your truck better the stance looks GREAT!!!!! NOW If I could find a hefty set of Mopar Rallye's to fit my 38's..... And be within my price range I'd be putting those in-place of the hurricanes I have on it now! (I just like the looks of the Mopar Rallye's better then the Hurricanes) plus the Hurricanes need a lot of polishing to make them even look good!
Leave the Hurricanes they way they are. You'd have to polish the truck if you polish the rims!

Thats just it tho............. I plan to repaint the whole truck and give it some good clear coat and under coat the frame so......... I'll have a shiny "fresh" lookin' body on rims that don't shine....

BUT that too, I may wind up doing just that, polishing those Hurricanes and then finding a set of Rallye's for show..... AND then have my flat black "steelie" G.I. Rims for pullin'.....

Leave the Hurricanes alone if you're getting different rims, I take them off your hands the way they are.

Thats just it tho............. I plan to repaint the whole truck and give it some good clear coat and under coat the frame so......... I'll have a shiny "fresh" lookin' body on rims that don't shine....

BUT that too, I may wind up doing just that, polishing those Hurricanes and then finding a set of Rallye's for show..... AND then have my flat black "steelie" G.I. Rims for pullin'.....
A good way to cheat with those Hurricanes is to just polish and buff the ribs and outer edges . Then paint the inner parts . I've found either satin black or dull aluminum look's the best .

Yeah, I thought of that kinda going to go a graphite color inside "between" the ribs IF I go that rout..... I'm NOT 100% sure yet, on what I'll do. I MAY save up the $$$$$$ to have the webs powder coated black! And just polish the ribs! BUT that too is a ways away!

At this point? Really who knows with me? I got the chance to trade the '67 on decent W500 its GONE! LOL Specially a earlier one..... say anything from a '58 to a '60....

View attachment 3401
Bright Solar Yellow paint was offered by Dodge for the youth market and to draw attention to Dodge pickups. This color was only offered on half-ton Rams and Dakotas. Solar Yellow was chosen by 2 1/2 percent of Ram buyers. A 1999 Dodge 1500 Club Cab is shown. (Photo: Don Bunn).

cool thread. Solar Yellow sure caught my attention! I've had my 99 since 2003 and still love this Gen2.
99ram.jpg

Back