• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The PO of my Ramcharger was supposed to be a mechanic. Yeah right!

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
When I first bought this truck, the power windows didn't work. I took the window motors out and replaced the gears. There were wood screws, lag bolts and machine screws holding it in. I riveted it all back in like it was supposed to be. Today I am changing the turn signal switch because the cancelling cams aren't working and I have some lighting issues. I couldn't get the horn button off. It should just pop off. I'm prying gently with a couple screwdrivers and it won't budge. I struggle and struggle and finally get it off. He had it glued on with some sort of clear bathroom caulk. Both the holes for the bolts used to pull the steering wheel were stripped - no threads. I had to pound the shaft with a hammer while pulling on the wheel to get it off, then repair the threads afterward. What a freaking hack this guy is. There is a wire running from the right headlight power wire (scotch locked) back through the firewall, all the way through the interior of the car and out to the right taillight wiring. Scotch locked again. No idea what's going on there. The reverse lights don't work. The bulb is missing from the right rear, but it's capable of working. There is a bulb in the left rear, but it's not capable of working. I just keep scratching my head and fixing the dumb ass repairs he has made. Mechanic my ass!
Horn button.jpg

That looks like an 80's model glove box. I have some 82, 83 and 85 stuff still laying around in about that color.

That's the 83 center console. It's bigger than my first apartment. I need some of the interior light lenses and a rear view mirror with no crazing. And apparently a horn button.

Can you post a picture of the wheel and horn button? I think I have a cup shaped one.

Those buttons never did stay on well, at least for me. I have an extra floating around somewhere, but can't guarantee it'd stay on the wheel, seems like every time you bump it it hits the floor.

Guess people do not know to turn them counter clockwise to remove and just start prying till the clips brake.

Yah, I've got a whole interior well, just about from an 87 D150 red or dk red mint. I mean rug, headliner, sunvisors, anything I can't paint over to different grey's, black and, some white here and there.

Don't feel bad , When I got my 84 the previous owner had swapped it to fuel injection . I've found more butt connectors , scotch locks and twisted wires then I now what to do with . And don't even get me started on the mechanicals . I'm talking one bolt barely holding the steering box in . The killer part about it , this guy restores cars for a living .

No Way bear, thats some crazy shiznit, Wow there are a lot of guys that say they are something and they are really nothing atall. Being from LI NY originally and now in good ole south cackalacky, I've met some real questionable people and seen some real questionable things when it comes to repairing, hot rodding and even engine building cars n trucks down here. For starters when my buddy puts together his engines, his shop is a mess and, he washes his bearings with sos pads before installing them, his compressor has water in it yet, he thinks nothing of it.

Back