• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of Tim Devost

Tim Devost

Reaction score
Hi My name is Tim, and I have been an enthusiast of Classic Cars and Trucks , and Bikes practically since I can remember. Vintage and Hotrods, Ratrods etc. I took on a 1947 farmall H project, and completed it. I also took on a project of a vintage 1986 cr 125 honda motocross bike, and finalized it even with decals and everything. But.......... now I took on an even bigger project that I warmed myself up to do! I have a 1957 Chevy pickup. Originally, a 4X4 factory built 1300 half ton to be exact. with a in line straight 6 standard transmission. I would like to build it all original, but there is way too much money to put into it for making it detail original. Sooooooooo, I am going to cheat and will build it as a Ratrod or Hotrod for now. I have a 318 Duster engine and a 727 tranny with a B+M shiftkit. I plan to make it a 2 wheel drive for now.Something that my son(12 yrs old ) is more excited about. Me too I guess, but I want this to be an everyday driver. so I cant just go crazy and cut here and there until there is no returning this old pickup to original 4x4. Yeah thats my story. I got alot on my plate, not much time to make this dream a reality, not much money either, hahahaha. I will make it happen though. Thanks for checking me out, and hope to fit right into this club. Im Tim from New Brunswick Canada.

Hello from Minnesota. That sounds like an ambitious project indeed. Not often do you hear someone say they are going to put a Mopar drivetrain into a Chevy!

That sounds like a great project...can't wait to see some pictures of the mix'n'match engine & trans swap. :)

Welcome to the site Tim .So your putting a Mopar engine in a chevy ? I hope you know your going to be upsetting a lot of GM guy's . I "like" it ! lol

Back