• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of G.Wilson

G.Wilson

Reaction score
I'm a 46 year old male. I live in N.E. Arkansas. I'm married with five children.I'm self employed as a career fabricator, mostly in the industrial field.My hobbies are crappie fishing and whitetail hunting. I've recently bought a 1974 dodge w200 power wagon. Just started a frame off restoration. Hope I can get some much needed info here.

Welcome to the site from Massachusetts G ! :) Feel free to post and ask anything you want . Maybe even start a build thread on your 74 .

Thanks Bear. I've got frame back from powder coating.These guys did a great job. Very quick turnaround. Going to be installing 95 5.9 cummins with the 727 torque f. The truck original is a w100. I have installed a 14 bolt rear with disc brake conversion. Also Dana 60 front.8 inch Skyjack lift and 40" 15.50 nittos 20 12 fuel rank wheels. What do you think. Any suggestions.

I've also sent cabover to local shop for paint. That's were I'm at as of now. I may need to get a second job before I can proceed.

Thanks Bear. I've got frame back from powder coating.These guys did a great job. Very quick turnaround. Going to be installing 95 5.9 cummins with the 727 torque f. The truck original is a w100. I have installed a 14 bolt rear with disc brake conversion. Also Dana 60 front.8 inch Skyjack lift and 40" 15.50 nittos 20 12 fuel rank wheels. What do you think. Any suggestions.
Well my first suggestion is ..... Start a build thread ! I wanna see , I wanna see ! :D

I've also sent cabover to local shop for paint. That's were I'm at as of now. I may need to get a second job before I can proceed.
Yeah , this stuff isn't cheap , Is it .:( What color are we going with or is it just getting sealed ?

It will be western brown pearl as found on the new longhorns models. Still pondering a 2 tone. If so I'll go with prairie pearl also found on the longhorn.

Cool ! Does your 74 have the chrome going down the sides to separate the colors ?

Do you know who makes fender flares for this model? Or one I can make work. bushwackerhas them for 85 year model. Didn't know if they would work.

They made two different fender flares for these trucks , not counting the ones that came factory on the late 80's trucks . As far as I now no-one is still making either one of them . But if you found a set for an 85 then they should work . But I'd have to see them to say for sure . The wheel well openings are pretty much the same but the body lines are different from the 70's to the 80's .

Either. Personally I'd rather see the (hopefully) more frequent update pics on a project thread with some basic starting point and finished product type shots in the garage as I find it much easier to follow along on a thread. Keep in mind though that's only my personal preference.

And by the way, welcome aboard.
Mike

Hello from Minnesota. I don't know if the flares for the 85 will work on the 74, as bear said different body lines that might not work right. Start a build thread on your truck, we'd all love to follow along!

Hello from Minnesota. I don't know if the flares for the 85 will work on the 74, as bear said different body lines that might not work right. Start a build thread on your truck, we'd all love to follow along!
I think that's the best idea . ;)

Back