• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

The introduction of 75slant6

75slant6

Reaction score
Not much to tell, I'm a 21 year old Mopar fanatic and I'm married to the best woman alive!! I have a 71 and 72 Duster, 67 Valiant 4 door and an 02 Cummins. Some of you may know me from FABO as well, same name over there.

I thought I was married to the best woman alive? Wait that is probably the most tolerable woman, hahaha, Thanks for signing up

Well I haven't been on here in the last few months. Tbh I forgot all about this site, spend all my time over on FABO. My cummins has been out of commission since August 2015 (lost oil pressure and blew the turbo and spun a bearing) got the new injectors and turbo dropped off at the shop today and hopefully he'll get to swapping the "new" motor back in this week or next. So ready to have my truck back.

Welcome back. That's a bummer about the truck. Hopefully you'll be putting the hammer down real soon.

Well I haven't been on here in the last few months. Tbh I forgot all about this site, spend all my time over on FABO. My cummins has been out of commission since August 2015 (lost oil pressure and blew the turbo and spun a bearing) got the new injectors and turbo dropped off at the shop today and hopefully he'll get to swapping the "new" motor back in this week or next. So ready to have my truck back.
What came first? Loss of oil pressure or leaking turbo causing loss of oil pressure. Cummins are usually really tough.

What came first? Loss of oil pressure or leaking turbo causing loss of oil pressure. Cummins are usually really tough.
I did a transfer case swap the night before the Nats last year and when we got it off the lift and fired it up the check gauges light came on and the oil gauge showed no pressure then a few seconds later it came up to normal. A few minutes later it dropped then came back up. So we just brushed it off as a bad sender. Took the truck to the Nats the next day and on the way home it started ticking then the next few days it started knocking then the turbo blew.

Welcome back ! Hope all will be good with the Cummins now ! ;)

How did your Cummins turn out?
Far as I know he hasn't done anymore work to it. :(
What really aggravates me is the fact that I could have shipped the truck to PA last spring and a shop up there would have built me a brand new engine (new block, crank, head, cam, turbo, possibly reusing my pistons) that'd make 350-400hp to the rear wheels, for $5k! Yea it was a decent chunk of change but I would've had the truck back around July and it would have been a BLAST to drive!! But my responsible self won out and I bought a used engine with 107k miles and it's been sitting in the shop since June or July.

Last edited:
Back