• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tell me about your truck.

carb87

Reaction score
Well I thought I'd share a little about my truck and please comment with something aboutyour truck/s. Mines nothing special but she gets the job done. It's a 2010 ram 1500 slt with the last gen 4.7l in it. I have a Hellbentsteel leveling kit on it with LT285/70r17(stock was P265/70r17). I put a hypertech programer on it (had it from a previous truck there are better ones for this motor.) I installed a set of rigid led fog lights and it came with a trifold tonneau cover on it when I bought it. I pull a travel trailer with it as well as daily drive it. Hasn't let me down yet. Future plans for it is I'd like to make a custom front hitch and get a removable winch set up and I'd like to build a headache rack and maybe some custom side steps and if I can convince the wife maybe a lift.

Mine's a 14 with the 5.7l and the eight speed. I've only had it a year but I still love it, smooth and comfortable ride down the road and has yet to give me any real issues aside from a water pump, (thanks warranty). Made a long haul from Houston to northern Minn loaded like this with no issues unless you count the alarm going off in the wee hours of the morning in a rest area and I couldn't figure out how to shut it off, (apologizing to the truckers in that rest area as it took me 15 minutes or more to do so).
upload_2017-5-3_7-41-46.png

Of course I still have several of the 83 to 93 version to do the dirty work..........

Mine's a 14 with the 5.7l and the eight speed. I've only had it a year but I still love it, smooth and comfortable ride down the road and has yet to give me any real issues aside from a water pump, (thanks warranty). Made a long haul from Houston to northern Minn loaded like this with no issues unless you count the alarm going off in the wee hours of the morning in a rest area and I couldn't figure out how to shut it off, (apologizing to the truckers in that rest area as it took me 15 minutes or more to do so).
View attachment 8679

Of course I still have several of the 83 to 93 version to do the dirty work..........

Nice looking rig you have. I wanted that combo for transmission and engine but didn’t have the funds at that time. Glad to here she's running good for you. The longest trip I've taken in mine was from oregon/washington boarder to Sacramento pulling a 6x12 enclosed trailer. But it did pretty good. As of right now this is my only truck but I'd love to in the future get a 70s again loved the 78 power wagon I drove in high school.

well i'm driving a 64 d100 utilityside ex state p/u , a bit modified , 383 hp cam headers duel plane alum int afb carb , push button 727 auto , 9 1/4 354 lock'r , 350 van rear spring package , bucket seat package , 285/70x15 15x8.5 vintages americans rear , 235/75x15 15x6 vintage americans just a work'n hotrod . next to be dome 69 d200 crew cab utilityside old state p/u tobe 440 cam headers alum int afb carb 727 auto more tower then hotrod , next up is a 60 d100 sweptline shorty , 440 6 pck cable 727 , full custom dash , tube drop axle w four bars and coilovers up front , 8 3/4 r/e 354 loc'r 15v8.5 vintage americans , 225/70x15 frnts 315/60x15 rears . not done yet could change , lol . also building a saltflats p/u a 38 dodge , a lot of glass body parts , two different engines , two classes . first a 291 desoto hemi , second a 354 stretched to 371 , both running a 8 71 blower , hemi 4spd with a gear venders od , jones champ quick change r/e . still gathering parts and funds , lol .

DSC06664.JPG

DSC06665.JPG

DSC09262.JPG

DSC07920.JPG

DSC07926.JPG

DSC04021.JPG

DSC04068.JPG

DSC03266.JPG

DSC03784.JPG

DSC08150.JPG

My 98 is my yard mule since I got the Avenger. 360 auto needing some front end attention, rear brakes and some other assorted tlc.

downloadfile.jpeg

My 72 Crew cab project has most the parts I'll need (til I find some other crap I didn't know about!) to build a sweet cruiser. 440/727 '89 Dana 60's front and back lifted some, triple double chrome roll bar, etc.

IMAG3773.jpg

View attachment 8679

Next time pulling the horn relay will quiet it fast. You can then find the alarm instructions in silence?

well i got these ones as well , 57 d100 short utilityside , 60 413 n a 466 push buttom auto , heres my 72 w200 crewcab , 318 auto , i've got a ind 413 loadflite combo for it , and bucket console seat w mounting bracket for the rear and ramcharger buckets n bracketsfor the front , warn hubs .

DSC07997.JPG

DSC07998.JPG

DSC08000.JPG

DSC08001.JPG

DSC08002.JPG

69700005.jpg

69700006.jpg

My driver, snowplow, do anything truck is this 98 Chevy 2500
IMG_20161124_100532.jpg

IMG_20161210_135513.jpg

My 91 Chevy 1500 is a work in progress, I have the motor and trans out right now.

IMG_20161124_100651.jpg

IMG_20161124_100635.jpg

Nice trucks guys. You have some nice looking dailys and some awesome projects.
65 sporty that 98 you have there is probably my favorite chevy bodystyle. My dad had 3 of those a 91 extended cab a 97 extended cab and a 2000 crew. Keep the trucks comming.

Well, the RamCharger is gone now, but the rest are the "work" fleet. I need to make a couple more disappear yet, there's about 3 that aren't included and yard space is gettin' tight.
upload_2017-5-3_22-58-6.png

2017-03-11_14-27-30_634.jpg
There's my 98 danger ranger - 2.5+5 -- love the little truck -- it's all I need here at retirement but I'm fancying them California orange trucks - love the short bed,,, thought I would post for Joy Chicago. I don't have any Mopar stuff just signed up to troll and keep the motorhead hobby thing going - research! thanks for letting me play through (y)

View attachment 8720 There's my 98 danger ranger - 2.5+5 -- love the little truck -- it's all I need here at retirement but I'm fancying them California orange trucks - love the short bed,,, thought I would post for Joy Chicago. I don't have any Mopar stuff just signed up to troll and keep the motorhead hobby thing going - research! thanks for letting me play through (y)
Nice little truck you have. If you have any questions or do any modifications post them up. We're not just mopar here

working my brain, on the interior sheet metal work.
did fire up the engine last week, got the electrical ran.
still have to do the brakes lines,
(no worry, drive shaft to be installed last) lol
install head lights

SAM_4406.JPG

SAM_4410.JPG

Last edited:
Those are some neat projects! What is the horsepower goal for the rampage?
engine in there now is only a 440 .030 over
aluminum rods, light pistons, .590 lift solid cam,

after I feel comfortable with the truck.
Then will swap engines with the 540 Dart

goal is low 5's > 1/8 mile

2-29-08 009.jpg

011_zps54pny4pl.jpg

I was looking for a headache rack that would fit my truck, so I went on the hunt. I found a lot of racks out there, but they were either made cheaply or not made to fit the type of truck I had.

Luckily, I found this one. It's made from nearly 1/4" wall aluminium pipe and is powder coated. It's also built in North America!

The build quality was what sold me on this headache rack—it's just so sturdy. And it comes with tons of accessories available too, like lights and speakers and other cool things.

I'm so glad I found this product and can't wait to install it!

IMG_2673.jpg

You guys have some awesome trucks. I got my Ford Super Duty F450 XL from Wallwork Trucks a few months ago and I am loving it. It's my first truck and I must admit I was a little intimidated when I first drove it but now all I feel is excitement.

Back