• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Taillight / brake light problems. Any wiring diagrams out there?

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
My brother told me my right tail and turn weren't working. I checked and they were. I noticed I didn't have brake lights on the right side. Then I found out what an idiot the previous owner was. There is a wire scotch locked to the yellow wire in the right rear. It runs all the way through the interior of the vehicle, out the firewall, and is scotch locked to a power wire at the headlights. Why, I have no idea. There was no bulb in the right reverse light socket though it is capable of working. There was a bulb in the left reverse socket, but it is not capable of working. So, no power to the left reverse, no power to the right brake. I need to check all the wiring and get rid of that 12 foot jumper wire. Anyone have any wiring diagrams for the lighting on a 1983 Ramcharger? Any common problems I should be aware of?

Uses the same wiring diagram as pickup model's . Do all lights that work now work with the jumper wire removed?
The po may have been trying to bypass a bad turnsignal switch. The turnsignal switch works just the same as a car switch all tail lighting except for backup lamps flow threw it.
All so make sure there is a good ground connection or the tail lights will not function properly.

I didn't take the wire off yet. I had to drive it to Mopars in the Park the next morning and I was running out of daylight. When I started I thought I just had a bulb or two out. The turn signal cancel cams are out, and they come on a new switch. I'll check power back there, but maybe that's all it is. I need to fix that anyway.

Back