• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Suspension Parts LRE

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
I have been looking on several sites to purchase suspension bushes front and rear and note that there are several different sizes.
As I live in Australia and I don't want to dismantle the truck to check sizes and have it sitting around for a month or so, did the '79 LRE have a standard size for rear spring bushes?
Were the ball joints screwed in and any other variations?
If wrong parts are ordered it is too expensive to return so I eat that, there is no supplier that lists the LRE separate to a D150 with the same options.
As usual all help is greatly appreciated.

David
Aussie Challenger

Same as a D 100 / 150 and were the ball joint screws in is your control arm and those are your control arm bushings . You might be able to get the control arm bushings in poly if you wanted to upgrade from the stock ones .

Before you order post the part #s & I'm sure one of us can check them to keep you from losing out on wrong parts

I sent a dash & a bunch of interior parts along with a steering column to the land down under for a 79 Z28 Camaro It cost $400USD roughly to get it through your Customs or whatever the department is that does that sort of thing
My customer had almost $1800 in the parts by the time he got them

Our customs people are very good at ripping importers off, go over the set limit and you get hit, the freight can sometimes be added to the value of the imported item raising more taxes.
One of the parts showed a press fit ball joint, another showed screw in like the sedans, the rear springs appear to have larger and smaller dia. bushes both outside and inside. The lenghth is not a problem as I can just measure the width of the spring.
I'll post a list of part # and hopefully they can be confirmed, I am still considering poly but have been looking at Moog also. I have checked out Napa's site, they are the ones with multi parts.

Thanks DodgeAddict, when I use poly bushes I always assemble them with graphite grease, never had a squeaking problem that way so customers didn't come back complaining.
Apparently there are two different types of Munroe's in your country, which ones do you have? We don't have a cross-over shocker here in Australia and no listings from Munroe.

Back