• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Strong Portable Air Compressor

rksmithy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting. I’ve got a 2015 Ram 2500 that takes 80psi in the rear tires and 60psi up front. Can’t seem to find a portable air compressor/jump starter that can handle that type of psi. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A local Gas Station perhaps?

Take the wheels off and get them pumped up somewhere else?

I've got 2 gas powered air compressors, a 5hp and an 8hp. The 5hp is a little easier to handle, I guess it's the "more"portable one of the pair, but my son has kinda confiscated it since he doesn't have an air compressor of his own yet. I've wheeled either of them into my truck bed and strapped them down for portable air along the road before.

Hi everyone, first time posting. I’ve got a 2015 Ram 2500 that takes 80psi in the rear tires and 60psi up front. Can’t seem to find a portable air compressor/jump starter that can handle that type of psi. Any suggestions? Thanks!
r u looking for a home one or something u can carry with u tha runs off a 12v source? if u r looking for te latter tr northern tool they carry a dc / ac one tht will go up to 300 lbs https://www.northerntool.com/produc...table-tire-inflator-300-max-psi-0-3-cfm-52505(this one is dc only )they no longer have the dual voltage one . if u r looking for 1 @ home buy a belt driven 120 v ac one get a 20-30 gal or but 2 15-20 gal ones / use 1 to fill the outher tank its what i hav here . i got on with a bad compressor
9i used it for its tank i use the other one to fill th both tanks . with it i can fill any tirs& even run a impact or sanders - ratchets i have 150' of 3/8 " air hose . bu i think u wan one u plug in to a 12 v tight outlet in the truck

if u need something that can put that much air out while r u on the roaad u may want t invist in a gasoline por twin tank compressor that way u can run a impact & aor ratches or if u have the $& Room in the bed buy a30 gallon gasoline one . i hsae a freind that works on 18 wheelers he alled a bger tank he make it to go undr th truck & ran his rave shaft through it . he has enough air now he can rin a 1" impact !!!

Back