• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stopping in from FABO

Cosgig

Reaction score
Howdy truck people, I’m a regular over on FABO and FBBO, and the rest of the F family sites. I just picked up a little project truck I’ve been watching for the past 3 years. Finally saved it and got it home. It’s an 86, it was “Dads” truck, he passed away some time ago and the family has just now come to terms with letting it go. Standard cab, 8’ bed that never has to be made, 318, 79k miles, and came with 2 new doors and a new chrome rear step bumper, all still in their boxes. I’m going to paint up the doors and put em on, put the bumper on and use the one on the truck for my plow truck, do a couple bad lines to the tank and rear brakes, and give it a whirl or 2 before giving it to my son. Let the fun begin!!

F350F4A7-5FE5-4B14-B533-645D2A33738A.jpeg

Nice to see you over here, Cosgig! Nice truck you picked up, I love a regular cab long box, the way they were meant to be.

Welcome here as well. Truck looks good! Best of luck with it. My 2000 pickup in my avatar is also a single cab 8 foot bed! 🍻

I’m looking for some different rims for the truck, I just don’t dig that 80’s look it has now. My brother has some of those Vector wheels that came on Ramchargers, I was thinking about how they might look on the truck, then I saw this truck online. They’re free to me so I think im going that way!

Im going to have some fun with this truck, and my son doesn’t know I have it, although he went with me the first time I stopped there. Im pretty excited to surprise him with it. His Mom?….not so much. She thinks he needs something newer, and 4WD. We shall see!

F1099F5E-0965-42DF-85BA-4DC83A0ED05E.png

Big improvement with the Vector wheels.
I think so too, those 80’s wheels that Dad bought are just not cutting it. Now, I have to find me the center caps, which I hear are difficult to find and expensive when you do. It’s always something it seems, but that’s what makes the hobby fun!

2CA279F2-C91B-4163-AD4D-8269449DADFB.png

Howdy truck people, I’m a regular over on FABO and FBBO, and the rest of the F family sites. I just picked up a little project truck I’ve been watching for the past 3 years. Finally saved it and got it home. It’s an 86, it was “Dads” truck, he passed away some time ago and the family has just now come to terms with letting it go. Standard cab, 8’ bed that never has to be made, 318, 79k miles, and came with 2 new doors and a new chrome rear step bumper, all still in their boxes. I’m going to paint up the doors and put em on, put the bumper on and use the one on the truck for my plow truck, do a couple bad lines to the tank and rear brakes, and give it a whirl or 2 before giving it to my son. Let the fun begin!!

View attachment 22273
Yo Geoff. Nice to see you here.

Back