• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stock wheel specs vs aftermarket wheels

RKNRLR

Reaction score
Pulled the wheels off my truck this afternoon, found a nice surprise - 2 inch wheelspacers!

Need some help finding the correct wheel backspacing for my truck. 1977 W200. Its got a 4 inch lift, so is currently happily accepting the 35's that are fitted to the current 17" rims, but moving forward I'd like to run different 17" rims without the need for spacers. Some pics of the current setup below.

If you can help with stock sizes/backspacing much appreciated. If you've fit aftermarket wheels that fit great too, would also love to hear from ya!

Cheers from downunder!

export1665031906357.jpg

IMG20220709085658.jpg

IMG20220813163102.jpg

You should know better than this. Year and lug pattern would have been nice. We have no idea who's adaptors those are or the manufacture of the wheels installed.

Sorry mate, didnt make it clear enough. My truck is a 77 W200, I havent seen any W200's with a bolt pattern other than 8 x 6 1/2, but then again I havent seen all that many.

In my original documentation, it states the stock wheels are 16.5 x 6.75, on 9.5x16.5E tires. I am after the backspacing for this original stock wheel, which would have been mounted without a spacer. Should get me in the ballpark for new wheel backspacing requirement.
If anyone has fitted aftermarket wheels, without spacer, Id love to grab those specs too.

Im looking at these wheels on summitracing, just trying to verify fitment before shipping them all the way over here.
Mickey Thompson 2379482 Mickey Thompson Classic III Polished Wheels | Summit Racing

You should know better than this. Year and lug pattern would have been nice. We have no idea who's adaptors those are or the manufacture of the wheels installed.
It's a '77, standard old school 8 lug pattern. The new wheels are off something more modern, and the wheel face is out further from the axle flange.

Back