• Welcome to For Trucks Only !

We are a community of American Brand Pickup Truck and SUV owners. Join now! Its Free!

Stepside Box Question

lol ,,, Marker light on the side of the bed . :biggrin1:

Actually, on the '78 Lil Reds, you'll notice that the side marker light is a bit lower, so it doesn't interfere with the wood. The replacement bed I picked up is a '74 and has the market lights in the same location as this secret indy's. I'm planning on removing them however.

Jason

Ah. Never actually noticed that before. Good eye.
Hoping to get a thread started soon on the build. Things are busy and in between trying to build a rad support. Not much room for an intercooler behind a 78 grill so there's some altering going on.

Sorry it took this long to get back to you . I haven't had time to check out my normal websites lately . Summer is here and everybody wants me to do things to there rides and they want it done yesterday . lol I've barley had time for my Warlock or even the Dart . I was out under the Warlock "late" last night installing a new steering box and now I'm trying to find a new pressure line that will fit it with the old style pump . I don't know if you still need that bracket but if you do then I'll take a look . I'm not sure if I do but that shouldn't be to hard to fab up if I don't .

Great shots. Thanks. This part of my dilemma also. I placed my pcs on my frame and the wood sits on the front three cross members and has a gap on the back one. Should it not sit on this one too? All the markings on the wood indicate it did.
View attachment 2747

I don't know if you figured it out yet or not, but I'm just putting my brackets on the frame. For that back one, there's a block of wood that it sits on, as well as one in the bracket. If you still need a photo, I can get one upload one.

Thanks for the replies. Got a brkt made up. A friend owns his own fabrication busines so I told him what I needed and he bent it up for me. Worked out perfect.
Been busy with life as well and trying to fit in working on the truck in between. Got the rad support finished up less the body work. Built a set of bumpers for it too. Couldn't find a set of aftermarket ones to work with the old body style. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
006.jpg015.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

MAN ! That should scare the hack out of the lil import guy's when they look in there rear view mirror and your coming up in back of them . lol Good job ! :thumb:

Thanks. Need something to push those little speed bumps outta the way. lol.
This is how the front looks on the truck.
002.jpg
This is before i decided to put the fog lights in. Had a set from a Mack truck layin around so figured give it a whirl.

002.jpg

For the rad support I grafted a 92 and a 78 together. Didn't bother me to cut the 92 apart but was a killer for me to cut up a good 78 support. Was for the greater good though.
025 (5).jpg
008 (3).jpg
Had to cut the intercooler mounts off and move them up so I could get the grill and filler to clear the intercooler. It's tight but everything seems to fit.

008 (3).jpg

025 (5).jpg

Back